Coronavirus (COVID-19) Nursing Dissertation Topics
Published byat August 26th, 2021 , Revised On June 30, 2022
Choosing an appropriate dissertation topic is an extremely important step towards producing an interesting and manageable research study. This post aims to help medicine and nursing students select the most appropriate dissertation title based on the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Nursing dissertations can be based on either primary research or secondary research. Primary data nursing dissertations incorporate the collection and analysis of data obtained through questionnaires and surveys. On the other hand, secondary data nursing dissertations make use of existing literature to test the research hypothesis.
To help you get started with brainstorming for coronavirus (Covid-19) nursing topic ideas, we have developed a list of the latest topics that can be used for writing your dissertation.
These topics have been developed by PhD qualified writers of our team, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the problem, research question, aim and objectives, literature review, along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Nursing Dissertation Topics
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak: Rights, Roles and Responsibilities of Health Workers Including Key Considerations for Occupational Safety and Health
Research Aim: Health workers are at the front line of any outbreak response and, as such, are exposed to hazards that put them at risk of infection with an outbreak pathogen (in this case, COVID-19). Hazards include pathogen exposure, long working hours, psychological distress, fatigue, occupational burnout, stigma, and physical and psychological violence. This research will highlight the rights and responsibilities of health workers, including specific measures needed to protect occupational safety and health.
Research Aim: Nursing and health care needs were put under immense pressure following the Coronavirus outbreak. This research will study the response of the UK nursing homes after the Covid-19 outbreak with a particular focus on how the nursing homes coped with the risks posed by the global pandemic.
Research Aim: Nurses are central to COVID-19 prevention and response efforts. Nursing is the largest healthcare profession in the world, with approximately 20 million nurses worldwide. Nurses are providing front-line care in the most patient-facing role to complex COVID-19 cases that require hospitalisation. This research study will detail the risks and responsibilities for the nurses after the global Covid-19 outbreak.
Research Aim: The Coronavirus has taken the UK by storm, infecting thousands in the country. Many health care institutions have developed strategies to increase nursing efficiency. This research study will analyse the response of the UK’s healthcare sector following the Covid-19 outbreak, focusing on the policies that have turned out to be beneficial.
Developing Effective Nursing Strategies for Dealing with Patients Suffering Coronavirus Disease: Case Study of NHS
Research Aim: The Coronavirus has taken the world by storm, infecting millions in nearly 200 countries. Many health care institutions have developed strategies to increase nursing efficiency. Therefore, the main purpose of the research is to identify effective nursing strategies for dealing with patients possessing Coronavirus by analysing the case study of NHS.
Research Aim: This research will discuss the basic life cycle and replication of the well-studied Coronavirus, mouse hepatitis virus (MHV), identifying the unique characteristics of coronavirus biology and highlighting critical points where research has made significant advances, and which might represent targets for antivirals or vaccines. Areas, where rapid progress has been made in SCoV research, will be described. Finally, areas of need for research in Coronavirus replication, genetics, and pathogenesis will be summarised.
More Coronavirus (Covid-19) Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Investigating the nurses in Australia issue plea to stop violence, theft of sanitiser and masks.
- To study and analyse the emergency Coronavirus guidelines for nurses and medical staff across the globe with a particular focus on the USA and the UK.
- Coronavirus in nursing homes: ‘We are going to see deaths’ – A case study of the UK nursing homes
- Why are nursing homes at risk during the Coronavirus pandemic? – Case study of any European state
- How nurses and medical staff can help parents and children cope with the mental issues and uncertainly in the midst of the Coronavirus crisis
- To devise strategies to combat testing and prevention kits in hard-hit nursing homes.
- How coronavirus has the potential to lead shortage of nurses and doctors across the globe?
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions, literature review, methodology, expected results, and conclusion. The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
As a student of medicine and nursing looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment on existing medicine and nursing theories – i.e., to add value and interest in the topic of your research.
Medicine and nursing are vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering, law, and even healthcare. That is why it is imperative to create a medicine and nursing dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation, as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best medicine and nursing dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample medicine and nursing dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Dissertation on Medicine and Nursing
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also is added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can positively impact your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter, which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to link the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, and graphs used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working in the industry for a long time, thus are aware of the issues and trends of the industry they are working in.
Need more Topics.?
You May Also Like
We have listed some interesting and relevant dissertation topics to help you get an overview and hit the ground running with your Ukraine, Russia & NATO conflict-based research.
This is a list of dissertation topics related to the lives and experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning (LGBTQIA+) individuals.