Nursing Dissertation Topics Ideas & Examples
Published byat January 10th, 2023 , Revised On October 5, 2023
Choosing an appropriate nursing dissertation topic is an extremely important step toward producing an exciting and manageable research study. This post aims to help medicine and nursing students select the most appropriate dissertation title according to their research interests.
It should be noted that the subject of nursing encompasses various areas of knowledge, including but not limited to general nursing, community nursing, public health, environmental health, mental health, clinical management, health organization, and occupational health and safety.
So there is plenty to whet your appetite here. Nursing dissertations can be based on either primary research or secondary research. Primary data nursing dissertations incorporate the collection and analysis of data obtained through questionnaires and surveys. Secondary data nursing dissertations, on the other hand, make use of existing literature to test the research hypothesis.
To help you get started with brainstorming for medicine and nursing topic ideas, we have developed a list of the latest nursing dissertation topics that can be used for writing your dissertation.
These topics have been developed by PhD-qualified writers of our team, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the problem, research questions, aim and objectives, literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
View our free dissertation topics database.
2022 Nursing Dissertation Topics
Research Aim: This study aims to analyse the parent’s perceptions and attitudes in relation to healthy behaviours practises to control obesity and overweight disorders in young children. It will also focus on the obstacles parents or caregivers experience when it comes to obesity control in young children.
Research Aim: This study aims to find the usefulness of nursing practise for the care of people suffering from dementia. This will also focus on how trained nurses are very professional in providing information and support to the people suffering from dementia so that they can prepare themselves to live their life well with dementia. This study will conduct a systematic review of published literature to find the potential roles of nurses in taking care of people living with dementia. Furthermore, it will also look at various characteristics and effectiveness of nurse interventions.
Research Aim: Midwives are health professionals who are specialised in taking care of pregnant women and newborn health. Women living In low-income countries are far less to get midwifery care, and it is very challenging for them to face this situation. The aim of this study is to find the role of midwives in providing medical services to pregnant women in low-income countries. Furthermore, this study will also look at the challenges and factors in getting midwifery care for women faced with low income.
Research Aim: Nurses working in critical care had significantly higher rates of emotional discomfort and poor health than other nurses, which has a negative impact on their mental health. However, it is unknown how intensive care nurses’ physical health impacts the frequency of medical mistakes. This study will examine the mental health of nurses working in ICU and how it affects their work and causes medical errors. Furthermore, it will also analyse the perception of nurses working in ICU.
Research Aim: This study’s primary goal is to compare nursing staff practises during the stages of newborn development in the US and UK. This study will compare the effects of nurses’ care practises and will look at the challenges that occur during this process and how they handle these challenges.
Covid-19 Medicine and Nursing Research Topics
Research Aim: Nursing staff plays a vital role in treating and recovering patients from illness. This study will identify the training programs and resources designed for nursing staff to combat the Coronavirus pandemic.
Research Aim: Medical teams across the globe have been on their toes to combat coronavirus, and substantial human resources have also been invested in overcoming this crisis. This study will focus on collecting information about the idea of using robotic nurses to treat patients of Covid-19. It will reveal the advantages and disadvantages of using robotic nurses.
Research Aim: This study will focus on analysing the risks faced by nurses and the medical team. It will discuss the safety measures adopted to protect the medical staff, the challenges they face, and appropriate solutions to minimise them.
Research Aim: This study will focus on identifying the impacts of coronavirus on pharmaceutical industries, production, and supply of medicines. It will discuss the possible ways to combat COVID-19.
Research Aim: This study will focus on identifying the contributions of pharmaceutical industries to combat Covid-19. Did COVID-19 increase the business of pharmaceutical sectors?
More Coronavirus and Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Coronavirus research: Keys to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of SARS.
- Investigating the nurses in Australia issue plea to stop violence, theft of sanitizer and masks.
- To study and analyse the emergency Coronavirus guidelines for nurses and medical staff across the globe with a particular focus on the USA and the UK.
- Coronavirus in nursing homes: ‘We are going to see deaths’ – A case study of the UK nursing homes
- Why are nursing homes at risk during the Coronavirus pandemic? – Case study of any European state
- How nurses and medical staff can help parents and children cope with the mental issues and uncertainly in the midst of coronavirus crisis
- To devise strategies to combat testing and prevention kits in hard-hit nursing homes.
- How coronavirus has the potential to lead shortage of nurses and doctors across the globe?
Nursing and Medicine Dissertation Topics for 2021
Research Aim: This research aims to identify the impact of Coronavirus on the pharmaceutical industry.
Research Aim: This research aims to measure the impact of occupational safety and health in medical clinics.
Research Aim: This research aims to address increasing work pressure and occupational health concerns during a pandemic.
Research Aim: The quality improvement of the performance of health care includes scientific study. The research team from the place where there was a shortage of research has established a steadily growing spectrum of testing within the Bradford Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust. In this research, the main emphasis would be on the key role of research nurses.
Research Aim: The concept of nursing has evolved since recent times. Many health care institutions have developed effective strategies to increase nursing efficiency. Therefore, the main purpose of the research is to develop effective nursing strategies for dealing with patients possessing acute and chronic pain by analysing the case study of the NHS.
Research Aim: Nursing and health care needs have a direct and positive relationship. The main purpose of this research is to conduct a critical analysis of community and health care needs. This research will compare the UK and USA nursing practices and provide recommendations to improve the existing strategy.
Research Aim: The purpose of this study is to contemplate upon the key benefits that the use of Marijuana, within a medicinal capacity, has. Ideally, in developing countries, the use of marijuana is considered “Taboo” or unacceptable by the members of the community/society. Hence, the study intends to analyze the societal acceptance of Marijuana within developing countries.
Research Aim: The coronavirus has taken the world by storm, infecting millions in nearly 200 countries. Many health care institutions have developed strategies to increase nursing efficiency. Therefore, the main purpose of the research is to identify effective nursing strategies for dealing with patients possessing coronavirus by analysing the case study of NHS.
Research Aim: This research will discuss the basic life cycle and replication of the well-studied coronavirus, mouse hepatitis virus (MHV), identifying the unique characteristics of coronavirus biology and highlighting critical points where research has made significant advances, and which might represent targets for antivirals or vaccines. Areas where rapid progress has been made in SCV research, will be described. Finally, areas of need for research in coronavirus replication, genetics, and pathogenesis will be summarised.
Mental Health Dissertation Topics
- Investigating the effectiveness of psychiatric treatment and medicine for patients suffering schizophrenia – A qualitative study based on UK mental health nurses and patients
- Exploring the legal aspects of mental health research in the UK
- To study and determine the causes to increasing number of suicides in the urban youth population in the developing world
- The role of socioeconomic backgrounds on the mental health of individuals
- Investigating the impact of early maternal mental illness on children
- Parents with serious mental health problems from the perspective of professionals who offer support
- Treatment of mental health difficulties by combining psychological and complementary therapies
- To perform an interpretative phenomenological analysis to treat older people with long term mental health difficulties
- To identify the barriers and risks associated with personalization within the context of mental illness
- To explore mental illness by conducting a biographical narrative study
- Deconstructing mental health difficulties: A critical enquiry into the views and opinions of professionals dealing with families, parents, and children
How Can ResearchProspect Help?
ResearchProspect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions, literature review, methodology, expected results, and conclusion. The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
Occupational Health and Safety Nursing Dissertation Topics
- To investigate occupational health and safety risks in the UK health care sector: Preventive techniques and recommended practices
- A quantitative study to evaluate the understanding and knowledge nurses have of occupational risks in an operating theatre environment
- To investigate the impact of occupational safety and health on the job performance of nurses
- To identify and discuss factors affecting the practice of occupational health nursing in London
- The role and impact of occupational safety and health in medical clinics
- To identify and discuss key occupational safety and health risks, challenges, and concerns in China
- Workplace health management and the role of occupational health nurses
- Increasing work pressure and occupational health concerns
- Occupational safety and health risks and practices among Filipino nurses
- Adopting a multi-climate approach to address patient safety issues in the nursing work environment
- To assess and understand occupational risks and nursing duties from an ergo logical perspective
- The need to realise the increasing importance of occupational safety and health issues in industrialised societies
Environmental Health Dissertation Topics
- Improving awareness on environmental health issues by encouraging community participation
- To identify and analyse various environmental health concerns in the health care sector
- To determine the possibility of food poisoning and foot-related illness in urban regions from the perspective of environmental health
- Constrained ordinal models with application in occupational and environmental health
- To examine the impact of secondhand smoke on public health with particular focus on the relevant control strategies
- An investigation into the attitudes of bar staff workers to environmental tobacco smoke and the varying provision of smoke-free areas within public houses
- To study and understand the impact of traffic calming procedures on local air quality
- Investigating how reusable cleaning cloths can help to reduce cross-contamination within the food industry
- Analysing older driver behaviour and road safety
- To review public health nurses’ opinions on environmental hazards and health effects
- Disposing toxic wastes from the perspective of environmental health
- Recommended sanitary hygiene practices for developing countries – A quantitative study
- A qualitative study to address arsenic and lead poisoning issues
Also Read This: Occupational And Environmental Health Thesis And Dissertations
Evidence-Based Practice Dissertation Topics
- To identify and discuss evidence-based practices that enable nurses to provide high-quality care
- Use of evidence and knowledge management in clinical practice
- How the health care needs of elderly cancer patients can be satisfied with evidence-based nursing programme
- Investigating the use of evidence-based medicine for disease management
- To study the effectiveness of evidence-based practice in the health care industry
- To investigate the relationship between evidence-based practice and the research process
- To study the basic principles of evidence-based practice in the UK health care industry
- Why is it critical for nurses to base the foundation of their practices on reliable evidence?
- Barriers to implementing evidence-based practice and the strategies/organisations used to avoid these barriers
- The role of ethics and leadership in evidence-based nursing practice
Health Organisations Dissertation Topics
- The Highest Attainable Standard: The World Health Organisation, Contentious Politics of Human Rights and the global health governance
- Factors contributing to efficient service delivery – A qualitative study on the implementation of health policies in Argentina
- Integrating technology, process and the people in lean healthcare
- Should World Health Organisation do more to satisfy the health care needs of people in the developing world? – The current programmes and future ambitions
- An investigation in the health care plans and associated costs of countries across the globe
- To study strategic management policies and strategies of World Health Organisation
- Investigating the power, culture, and dynamics of National Health Service in the UK
- Factors influencing the healthcare policies of new health organisations
- The extent of NHS focus on providing services to elderly
- Research trends and directions within the World Health Organisation
Midwifery Dissertation Topics
- Exploring practices and experiences of midwives in regards to the evaluation of maternal postnatal genital tract health
- Investigating midwifery practice in the third stage of labour
- To study the professional care in midwifery practice with a focus on woman centered-care
- To determine the factors contributing to midwives decision to stay in midwifery
- How do midwives perceive normal birth and how their ability to practice and support normality might be influenced by the professional and organisational culture of a maternity unit?
- A feminist technoscience perspective of the midwife’s role
- To investigate the challenges associated with carrying out a water-birth randomised controlled trial
- To what extend do midwives can facilitate informed choices among pregnant women?
- To identify and discuss the factors influencing the competence of midwives in a clinical setting
- The role of midwifery in relation to health risks to women due to postpartum depression
Community Nursing Dissertation Topics
- The impact of community participation on social inclusion, self-perception, and everyday lives of participants
- Quality of life, good practices, and senior citizens in residential care homes
- To investigate the impact of existing welfare ideologies and policies on the elderly in Leicestershire
- To what extent the community care has met the needs of the elderly with mental health difficulties after being discharged from long-stay psychiatric clinics? – A review of literature from the past 10 years
- Exploring the relationship between ethnicity and community nursing facilities in London
- Obesity awareness and prevention: Can food labelling help to deal with obesity problems in the USA?
- The role of community nursing practice in relation to health promotion
- Recommended practices and policies to ensure high-quality community nursing services to pregnant women
- Health care needs of children and the community nursing service in Leicestershire
- Factors affecting the quality of life of older people – A review of community nursing practices and challenges
Children Health Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Improving, recording, and perceiving school children’s health from the perspective of school health nursing
- Critical evaluation of child health nursing through education and practice
- Identifying challenges and support processes of child health nursing in developing countries
- To investigate the skills and abilities required to promote and sustain the emerging practice of child health nursing
- Leadership and intellectual skills are needed to be successful in positions of leadership and caring for children
- Caring for young people and children with complicated health needs
- To explore the effects of child patient death on nursing staff in a clinical setting: A literature review
- To understand children’s perspectives on community nursing
- To identify factors that can help to improve breastfeeding initiation practices among community nurses in the UK
- Children with congenital heart diseases and the role of parents – A literature review
Related: Top QA on Children Health Nursing
Hire an Expert Writer
Orders completed by our expert writers are
- Formally drafted in an academic style
- Free Amendments and 100% Plagiarism Free – or your money back!
- 100% Confidential and Timely Delivery!
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Appreciated by thousands of clients. Check client reviews
Clinical Management Dissertation Topics
- Clinical governance strategies and practices at National Health Services
- Hospitalised patients with diabetes and clinical decision support systems
- Developing optimum strategies for management of patients in adult intensive care units
- Clinical management of patients with prostate cancer – The risks and challenges
- Effectively managing elderly patients in a clinical setting
- Optimal management plan for patients with post-traumatic stress issues
- Use of advanced technology tools to improve clinical management efficiency
- To study various management strategies in surgical cases
As a student of medicine and nursing looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment with existing medicine and nursing theories – i.e., to add value and interest in the topic of your research.
The field of medicine and nursing is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering, construction, law, healthcare, mental health, artificial intelligence, tourism, physiotherapy, sociology, management, marketing, cryptocurrencies and architecture. That is why it is imperative to create a project management dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, and there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best medicine and nursing dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample medicine and nursing dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Dissertation on Medicine and Nursing
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems to be addressed. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can have a positive impact on your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, chartsand tables to this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter, and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to draw a linkage between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About ResearchProspect Ltd
For further assistance with your dissertation, take a look at our full dissertation writing service.
Our team of writers is highly qualified. Our writers are experts in their respective fields. They have been working in the industry for a long time. Thus they are aware of the issues and the trends of the industry they are working in.
Find 100s of dissertation topics for other research areas.
Need more Topics.?
Frequently Asked Questions
To find nursing dissertation topics:
- Explore healthcare challenges.
- Investigate recent research gaps.
- Consider patient outcomes or safety.
- Analyze policy or technology impacts.
- Consult peers and professors.
- Select a topic that aligns with your passion and career aspirations.