Engineering Management Dissertation Topics
Published byat January 9th, 2023 , Revised On January 9, 2023
Dissertation writing is an extremely important academic task that all students must complete as part of their degree programmes. However, choosing a dissertation topic can be an extremely daunting challenge for most students because they could be unsure about the area of research they should pursue.
The dissertation starts with an idea upon which research is performed. The idea is then transformed into an academic concept by presenting arguments and evidence. It should be noted that a well-written dissertation addresses the research topic at all levels and is written concisely.
The research methodology chapter of a dissertation presents complete evidence of the research work performed in the form of data collection/analysis methods employed by the researcher. However, many students do not know where to start.
To help you get started with brainstorming for engineering management topic ideas, we have developed a list of the latest topics that can be used for writing your engineering management dissertation.
These topics have been developed by PhD qualified writers of our team, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the problem, research questions, aim and objectives, literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Check our example dissertations to get an idea of how to structure your dissertation.
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
View our free dissertation topics database.
2022 Engineering Management Dissertation Topics
Research Aim: This study aims to find the environmental impacts of water waste treatment of the cement industry in South Korea. With the help of a comprehensive survey across the cement manufacturing companies in South Korea, this study will first scrutinize the entire waste treatment process in the cement industry in South Korea. Then it will analyze the impact of each step on the environment. And after analyzing find the environmental effects of the water waste treatment of the cement industry in South Korea, this study will recommend modern ways to reduce the adverse effects.
Research Aim: The significant aim of this research study is to uncover the issues and challenges faced by multiple businesses while implementing environmental sustainability and growth as a result of the global value chain. Another objective of this research topic is to investigate the sustainable strategies through which businesses mitigate the identified challenges of the global value chain by targeting Nigerian small and medium companies as a case study.
Research Aim: This study aims to identify the modern water treatment techniques to minimize the environmental effects of water waste in the Cement Industry. A cross-country study will analyze the different water treatment techniques used by the cement industries in different countries. The best way to conduct this analysis is through comparing developed and developing countries. And after identifying the best techniques, this study will recommend the optimal methods that can be used around the world in any country.
Research Aim: This study aims to analyse the framework that organises total project work based on high levels of creativity in project development, as well as to keep students up to date with the usage of technology; focusing on collecting data from different firms that have utilized the technology to manufacture items and run highly creative initiative in collaboration with the university.
Research Aim: The main goal of this study is to investigate the strategies for reducing water pollution produced by the marine transportation sector/industry. This study will also analyse the environmental risks posed by water contamination and how marine transportation contributes to the increase in water pollution. Focusing on the economic cost of restoring the damage as a result of marine pollution will also help us learn about the environmental effects of water pollution and understand how to reduce water pollution by different methods and technologies used by management.
Covid-19 Engineering Management Research Topics
Research Aim: This study will focus on identifying the impacts of coronavirus on engineering institutes and discuss possible solutions to overcome the challenges.
Research Aim: The study will focus on identifying the contribution of engineering management to combat the coronavirus pandemic. It will discuss emergency management to prevent and diagnose COVID-19, including its advantages and disadvantages.
Engineering Management Dissertation Topics for 2020
Research Aim: This research will focus on the ecological and environmental influences that can be caused by water wastage while developing an effective model that can be utilised for effective water management to reduce the wastage of water. This research will focus on real-life scenarios of water management occurring in developing nations while recommending major changes in their existing water management system.
Find 100s of dissertation topics for other research areas.
Research Aim: The major purpose of this study will lie in transforming conventional means of energy to solar energy and its importance in the least developed countries. The researcher will carry out a detailed critical analysis of what pros and cons can emerge due to the utilisation of alternative energy solutions and how least developed countries can use solar energy systems instead of traditional energy systems keeping in mind the cost and other benefits.
Research Aim: In this study, the main aim of the researcher will be to analyse major health and other effects that can be caused due to the emission of biogas. The researcher will demonstrate the major risks to the quality of life of individuals living in rural areas of developing nations and what measures can be taken which reduce the effects of biogas emission on the quality and health of the individuals.
Research Aim: This research study will aim to identify challenges facing the concept of sustainable and green engineering. The environment of the world is deteriorating at an alarming pace, primarily because of industrial activities that result in carbon emissions. This project will enable readers to understand the advantages of green engineering over conventional engineering and identify why this concept has not been implemented on a wider scale.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions, literature review, methodology, expected results, and conclusion. The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
More Engineering Management Dissertation Topics
Some other interesting engineering management dissertation topics are listed below:
- Ensuring Smooth Process Improvement by Conducting Management of Chain
- The Development of a Project Management Methodology for Peace Corps Mauritania
- Determination of the Critical Activities of a Public-private Intermediary Organization with the Help of Value Chain Analysis
- Customer Relationship Management
- Investigating the Management of Uncertainty in Product Platform Lifecycles
- Study of the Performance and Characteristics of U.S. Academic Research Institution Technology Commercialization (ARITC)
- Examining Health Information Technology Implementations: Case of the Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Strategic Evaluation of University Knowledge and Technology Transfer Effectiveness
- Proposing a Strategic Policy Model for International Collaboration in Technology and Science to Bridge the Gap between Bottom-up and Top-Down.
- Use of Multiple Hierarchical and Perspectives Decision Modelling to Assess Solar Photovoltaic Technologies
- Innovation Intermediaries and the Impact of Social Capital
- Innovation Measurement: Determining Creativeness of an Organisation through Decision Framework
- Performance of National Laboratories and the Impact of Knowledge Inflows
- Proposing a Strategic Policy Choice Framework for Technological Innovation: Case of Chinese Pharmaceuticals
- Use of Cognitive Map based Scenarios to Extend Technology Roadmap: The Case of Wind Energy Sector in India
- Integrating Financial Performance, Green Innovativeness and Environmental Performance
- Exploring Capability Maturity Models and Relevant Practices as Solutions Addressing IT Service Offshoring Project Issues
- Decision Modelling for the Information and Communications Technology Sector and Participation in Technology Standards Development
- Energy Policies to Employ Renewable Energy Resources; Case of Wind Energy in the UK
- Technological Forecasting Based on Segmented Rate of Change
- Sustainability Managing a Project Team
- Risks Associated with Management of Engineering Projects
- Supporting Business Strategies through Identification of Process Improvement Plans
- Motivating Staff through Efficient Supply Chain Management
- Improving Efficiency of an Organisation with Leadership
“Complete this short online form and provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.“
As an engineering management student looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment on existing engineering management theories – i.e., to add value and interest in your research topic.
The field of engineering management is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering, construction, law, healthcare, mental health, artificial intelligence, tourism, physiotherapy, sociology, management, marketing and nursing. That is why it is imperative to create a project management dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best engineering management dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample engineering management dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Engineering Management Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems to be addressed. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can have a positive impact on your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter, and state whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to draw a linkage between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Research Prospect is a UK based academic writing service that provides help with Dissertation Proposal Writing, PhD Proposal Writing, Dissertation Writing, Dissertation Editing and Improvement.
For further assistance with your dissertation, take a look at our full dissertation writing service.
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working in the industry for a long time, thus are aware of the issues and trends of the industry they are working in.
Need more Topics.?
Review Our Best Dissertation Topics 2021 complete list.