Politics Dissertation Topics
Published byat January 9th, 2023 , Revised On August 16, 2023
Politics is such a vast phenomenon that several dissertation topics can be selected from political issues. However, that selection must have some strong basis and importance in the practical field. Another fact to be kept in mind when choosing a dissertation topic is that some political issues are highly controversial, and they may not be of much value in terms of research and writing.
It should be noted that it is important that the researcher thoroughly enjoys the dissertation topic they are working on. A boring and dry topic can later trouble them, and they might feel like regretting their selection. The following description enlists some of the dissertation topics that the researcher can select as their politics dissertation topic.
PhD qualified writers of our team have developed these topics, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the problem, research questions, aim and objectives, literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
View our free dissertation topics database.
2022 Politics Dissertation Topics
Research Aim: This study aims to find how the public has utilised social media during elections or political campaigns. This study will also focus on the impact of social networking sites on popular participation in the electoral vote and political debate. This research study will also investigate the effects of new technologies and the digital era on media and political party campaigns and media activities during elections.
Research Aim: This study aims to find the reasons for the central African republic conflicts and different historical factors involved in this conflict. Furthermore, it will also focus on the dynamics of the conflict and how it has resulted in violent clashes between different religious parties. This study will conduct an in-depth analysis of this conflict to give a better understanding.
Research Aim: This study will provide us with a detailed evaluation of the present state of gender equality and women empowerment in developing nations and the influence of politics. It will also provide an understanding of how men, women, politicians, and other powerful individuals view gender equality and women empowerment.
Research Aim: The present study will analyse the impact of neo-fascism on twentieth-century Europe. We will also focus on the history, crisis, various proposals, and methods. We will also analyse how it has helped reproduced their ideologies and formed different legislation in Europe.
Research Aim: The election of Joe Biden as a president of the US has resulted in a drastic shift in US’s foreign image. This study aims to investigate the change in the political perspective of people from the Trump to Biden eras. This study will focus on many things, including social, political, and economic factors, to help understand the perspectives of people, and will also look into the country’s situations during these both eras.
Covid-19 Politics Research Topics
Research Aim: This study will highlight the impacts of Coronavirus on international politics.
Research Aim: This study will focus on providing a deep insight into the political agendas during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Research Aim: The research aims to analyse how the Indian media provoked a religious conflict amid the Coronavirus pandemic and the role of the government in overcoming it.
Research Aim: This study will identify the contributions of government across the world in combatting COVID-19.
Politics Research Topics 2021
Research Aim: This research will explore the connection between corporate governance and business efficiency. The dynamic collection of relationships between a business and its Board of Directors, managers, owners, employees, customers, creditors is analysed through analysis processes and how effective corporate management can benefit an organisation.
Research Aim: This research aims to analyse corporate governance’s compatibility in the state’s local government tiers.
Research Aim: this project aims to explore the challenges and opportunities in the funding of Delta State Local government accounts, cost management, and income problems of local governments.
Research Aim: This study is intended to examine corporate governance compatibility at the state’s local government levels.
Research Aim: The research will assess successful leadership’s influence on organizational success in Nigeria through the Kogi State Office of the National Youth Service Corps.
Research Aim: This research aims to introduce E-governance in not only the pandemic conditions but also in the daily governance operation to ease the system of governance of Country ABC.
Dissertation Topics: Impacts of 9/11 on World Politics
The 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center are an unforgettable phenomenon in the history of politics. It contributed immensely to strengthening relationships between some countries and making bonds weaker between the others.
Dissertation topics can be based on the events related to these attacks because this discussion has always been influential and surely can provide a sound basis for your research. Some of the dissertation topics that can be extracted out of the 9/11 terrorism catastrophe are listed as follows:
- Analysis and significance of the most catastrophic event – The terrorist attacks of 9/11
- In what ways the international relations between the Middle East and the West were affected after 9/11. A critical analysis.
- Lessons learnt on political grounds after the terrorist attacks of 9/11—a debate on the positive and negative impacts.
- 9/11 and its linkages to the world of trade. Critically analyze.
- The actual events that led to the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Critical analysis.
- Development of strategies and improvements in the political system after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Dissertation Topics: Problems Related to Africa
Contradictions in the policies and politics of Africa can be subjected to various dissertation topics. The researcher can find a focus point on which the dissertation can be based. Some dissertation topics related to the politics of Africa are listed below:
- Reasons for Western contradictions with African policies and politics.
- Traditional beliefs and old rituals of African nations cause their problems with other countries—analysis of the past and future trends.
- Colonial rule and political issues in Africa. Critical Analysis.
- Contributions from the rest of the world in resolving problems between African nations.
- Future trends and projections regarding the relationship of Africa with the rest of the world.
- Forces stopping the West to snatch African weapons. Critical analysis.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Find 100s of dissertation topics for other research areas. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions, literature review, methodology, expected results, and conclusion. The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
China Politics Dissertation Topics
It is a known fact that China’s laws and policies are quite different from the rest of the world. Still, this fact twisted later in the 21st century when China started incorporating Western thoughts and views in technology and other areas related to economic development and increasing urbanization.
Some dissertation topics with regards to the incorporation of Western ideas into Chinese politics are listed as follows:
- Incorporation of Western ideas into the Chinese political system. Critical analysis.
- Reasons why China has opted to “open” its economy, which previously was closed in its own distinctive way. A debate on the major reasons.
- Is China a threat to Western ethics? Critical analysis.
- How is the West being affected by Chinese expeditious economic expansion? A detailed analysis.
- The impact of Chinese political principles on Western Politics. A debate on the positive and negative outcomes.
- Human rights and the complexity in the Chinese and the Western political system.
Also Read: Project Management Dissertation Topics
Relationship between the Arabs and the Israelis: Dissertation Topics
The Arabs and the Israelis have such complexity and problems in their relationship, primarily focused upon the Palestinian state. Their journey over the last sixty years also paved difficulties in relationships with other countries.
So, in this context, a researcher can find various issues to investigate in detail as a research topic. Following is the list of some of the suggestions for dissertation topics regarding this phenomenon of politics.
- Reasons behind making the recognition of the Palestinian state so complex. Discuss
- Relationship between the Arabs and the Israelis in accordance with Western politics.
- Long term rivalry between the Arabs and the Israelis. Discuss the reasons.
- Role of the West in resolving the Arab-Israeli issues. Critical analysis.
- Strategies to resolve the Arab-Israeli conflict. Critical analysis.
- Considering the events of the past how the UN can be utilized to resolve the Arab-Israeli dispute.
“British Foreign Policy”: Dissertation Topics
The image of a country in different parts of the world is also dependent on its foreign policy and how efficiently it is maintained. There are many issues from British foreign policy that can make for an interesting topic for your politics dissertation.
- What are the basics of Britain’s foreign policy and how can it be justified. Reasons and critical analysis.
- Is Britain’s foreign policy successful? Reasons, cause and critical analysis.
- In what way Britain’s foreign policy is in close affiliation with the US. Critically analyze.
- Justifications showing the US strong impact on Britain’s foreign policy.
- Britain’s foreign policy in relation to its impact on Europe. Critically analyze.
- In what ways the creation of a “single European Entity” has influenced Britain’s foreign policy principles and goals.
- Britain’s foreign policy goals and principles are usually stern and limited. Give reasons to justify and discuss.
- Is Europe the reason behind Britain’s economic and social disputes? Discuss.
Relationship between Pakistan and Afghanistan: Dissertation Topics
Pakistan and Afghanistan share so much in common based on their history, faith, and heritage. In the war against Soviet occupation, Pakistan supported 3.5 million Afghans because it shared certain interests with Afghanistan, but recently the settlement of Afghan refugees in various parts of Pakistan has been considered an undesirable phenomenon due to the increasing threat of terrorism and crime.
In Islamabad, actions are being taken to demolish the illegal Afghan settlements in response to the increasing threat of violence, crime, and terrorism. It is believed that the people involved in various illegal acts settle in these areas and carry out their violent acts from safe heavens. So, this phenomenon has a strong political basis, and certain dissertations can be based on it. Here’s a list of some of the dissertation topics in this regard:
- Strategies are being adopted to demolish the illegal Afghan resettlements in Pakistan. Critical analysis.
- Reasons for the development of hurdles between Pak-Afghan friendly relationships. Discuss.
- To what extent violence and terrorism can be linked to Afghanistan. Discuss and analyze.
- Strategies to resolve Pak-Afghan disputes. Discuss.
- Political history of Pak-Afghan relationships from 1947 till current scenario. Discuss major events and their flaws.
- Demolishing the illegal slums of Islamabad occupied by Afghan refugees. Reasons and justifications.
- “War of independence against Soviet occupation.” Discussion of the major events and the impacts.
- 9/11 terrorist attacks and the Pak-Afghan relationships till then. Discuss
- Pakhtoonistan issue and the challenges faced by Pakistan. Critical analysis.
- Educational opportunities for the Afghan refugees. Discuss the positive and negative impacts.
Politics and Media Dissertation Topics
Modern media is a powerful weapon in communicating what is happening throughout the world to people around the globe. Media has a strong influence on people perceiving different scenarios, which might actually not even be true.
There are certain politics involved in what media has to show and deliver to the people behind the screens. Depending on various external factors, media can either positively or negatively portray different scenarios and facts. Below is the list of some of the suggested dissertation topics if you would like to base your dissertation on media and politics.
- Can media be held responsible for the change in politics? Discuss.
- Politics, media and the ways they affect public opinions and thoughts.Critical analysis.
- The linkage between media and democracy. Discuss.
- Can media be held responsible for the spread of terror among people regarding various threats and crimes? Critical analysis.
- Long term politics is involved behind media impacting youth and children. Critically analyze based on justifications.
- Competition between different news channels and political support behind them. Discuss and critically analyze.
- The US politics behind various features of social media. Critical analysis.
- Politics affecting media in Indonesia. Discuss.
- TV commercials and politics. Critical analysis.
- The role media plays during elections. Discuss.
- Social media and its role in politics. Discuss
- Political debates and social media. Discuss
- Media as a carrier of perceptions. Critical analysis.
- Fundraising by different political parties and support of media.
- Politics and media as a source of exploitation of moral values. Critical analysis.
- Limitations politics impose on media. Critical analysis
Hire an Expert Writer
Orders completed by our expert writers are
- Formally drafted in an academic style
- Free Amendments and 100% Plagiarism Free – or your money back!
- 100% Confidential and Timely Delivery!
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Appreciated by thousands of clients. Check client reviews
Political Parties Dissertation Topics
Political parties have always been one of the major elements of the development of politics. Any comparison between two or more parties can be worked upon by the researcher, or any other issue in this regard can be studied. Political parties of any country can be selected, and a dissertation can be based on their differences and similarities.
For instance, the two famous political parties of the UK- the Labor Party and the Conservative Party can be compared or individually studied by the researcher. The following are some interesting dissertation topics from this area of politics.
- Which party (Labour Party and the Conservative Party) is working dedicatedly? Critical analysis.
- Reasons that favour the Conservative Party in terms of its dedication towards the betterment of the country. Discuss.
- Which party is better in terms of public acceptance? Discuss
- Role of media in supporting the Labour Party and the Conservative Party. Critical analysis.
- In the future, which of the UK’s political parties will come into power, or which political parties will collapse? Discuss.
US Foreign Policy Dissertation Topics
The US is the most powerful country globally and has a considerable influence on the world’s politics. The following are some of the dissertation topics related to US foreign policy.
- With other nations, are the principles and goals of the US foreign policy justified? Discuss.
- China is developing at a rapid rate in terms of economic growth. Is there any threat to the US regarding Chinese economic development?
- The biggest threat to US foreign policy. Discuss.
- Development of nuclear power in the Middle East with US foreign policy. Discuss.
- US foreign policy aims at policing other parts of the world. Can this approach be termed as “bullying”? Critical analysis.
- Who is the mastermind and behind the control of US foreign policy? Critical analysis.
- What are the current goals of US foreign policy? Are they justified?
- How influential is US foreign policy on various other nations of the world? Discuss.
- What are the similarities and differences between the US foreign policy and the British foreign policy? Discuss and critically analyze.
Also Read: History Dissertation Topics
Politics and Religion: Dissertation Topics
Religion and politics are two separate entities, but they also impact each other, especially in today’s world. Below is a list of the topics related to politics and religion that the researcher can opt to aim his or her dissertation on:
- Religious beliefs and politics must be treated as separate entities. Discuss
- Is religion being used as a weapon on political grounds? Critical analysis
- Terrorism, politics and religion. Discuss the linkage between the three.
As a student of politics looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment on existing politics theories – i.e., to add value and interest in your research topic.
The field of politics is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering, construction, law, engineering management, healthcare, mental health, artificial intelligence, tourism, physiotherapy, sociology, management, marketing and nursing. That is why it is imperative to create a project management dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best politics dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and can also be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample politics dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Politics Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analyzing published and unpublished literature on the chosen research topic to address research questions. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the selected research area’s relative weaknesses and strengths while identifying any research gaps. Break down the topic and key terms can positively impact your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter, which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analyzed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of the results in this chapter and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section is establishing the link between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to the implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: Make sure to complete this following your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, and graphs used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect
For further assistance with your dissertation writing task, take a look at our full dissertation writing service.
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working for us for a long time. Thus, they are well aware of the issues and the trends of the subject they specialize in.
Need more Topics.?
Frequently Asked Questions
For politics dissertation topics:
- Follow global political news.
- Analyze policy gaps or conflicts.
- Study historical political movements.
- Explore international relations issues.
- Review academic journals.
- Select a topic reflecting your passion and relevance.