Failed Dissertation, Coursework, Report or Exam – What to Do?October 14, 2014
Help With Writing Research Paper – Why and HowOctober 14, 2014
A dissertation is a lengthy and formal document that provides arguments to defend a thesis. Essentially, the purpose of dissertation is to show original contributions whilst addressing the research topic/topic. Starting with the hypothesis and/or research questions, the author then performs the type research they must base their dissertation on to collect evidence to support his arguments.
Another key objective of dissertation writing is to provide new concepts and ideas that will help to further research and development in the chosen area of study. However selecting the most appropriate dissertation topic can prove to be a real challenge for the undergraduate, postgraduate and PHD students.
This posts suggests up to date and most relevantenvironmental engineering dissertation topics so you can kickstart your dissertaiton. These topics have been developed by PhD qualified writers of our team, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the problem, research question, aim and objectives, literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Check our example dissertation to get an idea on how to structure your dissertation.
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
Covid-19 Environmental Engineering Research Topics
The impacts of COVID-19 on Environmental Engineering
Research Aim: This study will focus on the impacts of COVID-19 on Environmental Engineering.
The role of Environmental engineers during COVID-19
Research Aim: This study will focus on the role of Environmental engineers in identifying the factors that affect COVID-19 transmission.
List of Environmental Engineering Dissertation Topics
The following environment engineering dissertation topicsmay be of interest to the researchers who intend to undertake projects to reduce carbon emissions. It should be noted that the area of environment engineering has grown tremendously in Europe over the last few years, thanks to the growing need to control the carbon footprint.
- Reconstruction of vehicle trajectories with dynamic macroscopic data
- Design and development of a system for measuring the carbon index of an energy intensive company
- Water footprint of sugar and sugar based ethanol
- Process improvement techniques to identify and remove waste in an automotive industry
- The positive and negative impacts of car mobility
- Fresh Water and Bioenergy
- Designing of carbon measurement standards
- How organisations in the fogging industry achieve improved energy efficiency bychanging burners within furnaces
- To study the characteristics of industrial effluents, sewage and water of river Yamuna at Agra
- A Survey of Heavy Metals Concentration In Biosolids of Sewage Treatment Plant
- Improving processes to reduce electricity usage and reduce the system inefficiencies
- Study and Comparative Analysis of Ecofriendly Wastewater Recycling Plants
- To study the Ash generation and Its Utilization
- Study of Air Pollution Control and Its monitoring at Thermal Power Plant
- Bio Medical Waste Management: A Case Study
- Determining water quality with the help of water conductivity probes
- Study of energy usage in a machining factory with the help of an efficient control using the Information Technology
- Plastic Waste Quantification, characterization and its management in the UK
- Treatment of Coloured Effluent through HRTS System in Integrated pulp and paper industry
- Physico Chemical Analysis and assessment of drinking water supplied
- Industrial wastewater recycling
- Third World and First World Environmental Issues
- Hazardous Waste Management : A case study
- Environmental Impact of Cement Industry: A case study
- An Analytical Study of Physico Chemical Study of Characteristics of Ground water
- Development of Regression Model for Water Quality Assesment in the Delhi Stretch of River Yamuna
In addition to the dissertation topics listed above, our dissertation writers can develop suggest even more environmental engineering dissertation topicsto precisely suit the needs of your subject and area of research and help you achieve the grade you need.
As a student of environmental engineering looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment on existing environmental engineering theories – i.e., to add value and interest in the topic of your research.
The field of environmental engineering is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines. That is why it is imperative to create a environmental engineering dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic credit-ability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
Keeping our advice in mind while developing a research topic will allow you to pick one of the best environmental engineering dissertation topics that not only fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper but also adds to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature in order to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and can also be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample environmental engineering dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Environmental Engineering Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems to be addressed. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can have a positive impact on your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, chartsand tables to this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter, and state whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to draw a linkage between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.