Environmental Engineering Dissertation Topics
Published byat August 16th, 2021 , Revised On November 17, 2022
A dissertation is a lengthy and formal document that provides arguments to defend a thesis. Essentially, the dissertation aims to show original contributions whilst addressing the research topic/topic. Starting with the hypothesis and/or research questions, the author then performs the research they must base their dissertation on to collect evidence to support his arguments.
Another key objective of dissertation writing is to provide new concepts and ideas that will help further research and development in the chosen area. However, selecting the most appropriate dissertation topic can prove a real challenge for undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD students.
This post suggests up-to-date and most relevant environmental engineering dissertation topics to kickstart your dissertation. These topics have been developed by PhD-qualified writers of our team, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
Without further delay, please see below our selection of topics, even though you can choose any from the complete list.
- Topic 1: The Role of Environmental Engineering in Urban Flood Management in Karachi, Pakistan
- Topic 2: The Role of Information Technology (IT) in Environmental Engineering- A Study to Find Efficacy of Internet of Things (IoT) Devices in Catalytic Conversion in the UK
- Topic 3: Environmental Engineering Management and Artificial Intelligence (AI)- An Assessment of the Present Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning Models for Environmental Management
- Topic 4: Environmental Engineering and Industrial Waste- A Review of Novel Methods for Reducing Industrial Waste to Save Human Lives in India
- Topic 5: Impact of Enhanced Anaerobic Baffle Cum Filter Reactor on Household Wastewater Treatment in China
These topics have been developed by PhD-qualified writers of our team, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the topic, research question, aim and objectives, literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Review the full list of dissertation topics for 2022 here.
2022 Environmental Engineering Research Topics
Research Aim: This research intends to find the role of environmental engineering in urban flood management in Karachi, Pakistan. Firstly, it will review the environmental engineering process for urban governance and its relationship with urban flood control. Secondly, it will show how it is used to manage urban flooding worldwide and practiced in Karachi, Pakistan. Thirdly, it will show its efficacy in Karachi, Pakistan, and identify the possible room for improvement. Lastly, it will recommend improving these areas to enhance environmental engineering to control flooding in the future.
Topic 2: The Role of Information Technology (IT) in Environmental Engineering- A Study to Find Efficacy of Internet of Things (IoT) Devices in Catalytic Conversion in the UK
Research Aim: This study aims to find the role of Information Technology (IT) in environmental engineering. It will show how advancements in IT improved environmental engineering management methods in the UK. It will use the case of testing the efficacy of internet of things (IoT) devices in catalytic conversion in the UK. It will find the impact of IoT-based catalytic convertors on the concentration of harmful gases in the atmosphere in the UK.
Topic 3: Environmental Engineering Management and Artificial Intelligence (AI)- An Assessment of the Present Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning Models for Environmental Management
Research Aim: This research analyzes the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in environmental engineering management. It will assess the present Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning models for environmental management. It will compare and contrast these models to identify maximum efficiency and efficacy models. Moreover, it will show various administrations use these models across the globe to solve multiple environmental problems that come under the umbrella of environmental engineering. Lastly, it will recommend the best models to solve maximum ecological issues in the least developed and developing countries.
Topic 4: Environmental Engineering and Industrial Waste- A Review of Novel Methods for Reducing Industrial Waste to Save Human Lives in India
Research Aim: The study presents a review of novel methods for reducing industrial waste to save human lives in India. It will show how these methods are developed over time to solve the increasing industrial waste problem in developing countries like India. Moreover, it will compare these methods to find the best ones that can be incorporated into the Indian industries to balance production and environmental waste.
Topic 5: Impact of Enhanced Anaerobic Baffle Cum Filter Reactor on Household Wastewater Treatment in China
Research Aim: This research finds the impact of enhanced anaerobic baffle cum filter reactor on household wastewater treatment in China. It will show how the introduction of an anaerobic baffle cum filter affected the treated household wastewater quality. Moreover, it will analyze the current practices in China. It will compare them with other major countries such as the US, UK, Japan, etc., to differentiate between different methods with the same technology. Lastly, it will propose changes in the current practices to improve the efficacy of an enhanced anaerobic baffle cum filter reactor.
Covid-19 Environmental Engineering Research Topics
Research Aim: This study will focus on the impacts of COVID-19 on Environmental Engineering.
Research Aim: This study will focus on environmental engineers’ role in identifying the factors that affect COVID-19 transmission.
List of Environmental Engineering Dissertation Topics
The following environment engineering dissertation topics may interest the researchers who intend to undertake projects to reduce carbon emissions. It should be noted that the area of environmental engineering has grown tremendously in Europe over the last few years, thanks to the growing need to control the carbon footprint.
- Reconstruction of vehicle trajectories with dynamic macroscopic data
- Design and development of a system for measuring the carbon index of an energy-intensive company
- The water footprint of sugar and sugar-based ethanol
- Process improvement techniques to identify and remove waste in an automotive industry
- The positive and negative impacts of car mobility
- Fresh Water and Bioenergy
- Designing of carbon measurement standards
- How organisations in the fogging industry achieve improved energy efficiency by changing burners within furnaces
- To study the characteristics of industrial effluents, sewage, and water of river Yamuna at Agra.
- A Survey of Heavy Metals Concentration In Biosolids of Sewage Treatment Plant
- Improving processes to reduce electricity usage and reduce the system inefficiencies
- Study and Comparative Analysis of Ecofriendly Wastewater Recycling Plants
- To study the Ash generation and Its Utilization.
- Study of Air Pollution Control and Its monitoring at Thermal Power Plant
- Bio-Medical Waste Management: A Case Study
- Determining water quality with the help of water conductivity probes
- Study of energy usage in a machining factory with the help of efficient control using the Information Technology
- Plastic Waste Quantification, characterization, and its management in the UK
- Treatment of Coloured Effluent through HRTS System in Integrated pulp and paper industry
- Physico Chemical Analysis and assessment of drinking water supplied.
- Industrial wastewater recycling
- Third World and First World Environmental Issues
- Hazardous Waste Management: A case study
- Environmental Impact of Cement Industry: A case study
- An Analytical Study of Physico Chemical Study of Characteristics of Groundwater
- Development of Regression Model for Water Quality Assessment in the Delhi stretch of River Yamuna
In addition to the dissertation topics listed above, our dissertation writers can suggest even more environmental engineering dissertation topics to precisely suit the needs of your subject and area of research and help you achieve the grade you need.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions, literature review, methodology, expected results, and conclusion. The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
As a student of environmental engineering looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment on existing environmental engineering theories – i.e., to add value and interest to your research topic.
The field of environmental engineering is vast and interrelated with so many other academic disciplines. That is why creating an environmental engineering dissertation topic that is specific, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field is imperative.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic based on your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, and there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation, as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best environmental engineering dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Please look at some of our sample environmental engineering dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Environmental Engineering Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature on the chosen research topic to address research questions. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the selected research area’s relative weaknesses and strengths whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down the topic and key terms that can positively impact your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter, which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of the results in this chapter and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to link the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed following your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, and graphs used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working for us for a long time. Thus, they are well aware of the issues and the trends of the subject they specialize in.
Need more Topics.?
Review Our Best Dissertation Topics 2022 complete list.