Free Oil and Gas Management Dissertation Topics
Published byat January 9th, 2023 , Revised On April 6, 2023
The oil and gas industry has grown tremendously over the last few decades, thanks to the growing use of fuel in both industrial and domestic circuits. Motor vehicles, engines, and other industrial/domestic equipment and appliances make heavy use of oil and gas, affirming that the practical application of oil and gas is inevitable in all disciplines of modern science.
Almost all academic disciplines including international relations, engineering, operations, project management, finance, law, politics, sociology and economics have some sort of affiliation with the oil and gas industry.
If you are interested in researching the area of oil and gas management, then you could undertake both quantitative and qualitative research for your discussion. Some intriguing and current oil and gas management dissertation topics are listed below;
These topics have been developed by PhD-qualified writers of our team, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the problem, research questions, aim and objectives, literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Check our example dissertations to get an idea of how to structure your dissertation.
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
View our free dissertation topics database.
2022 Free Oil and Gas Management Dissertation Topics
Research Aim: This study analyses the novel waste management techniques and practices in the UK oil and gas sector. It will also identify the challenges facing the oil and gas sector in achieving sustainable management of all the waste from production. This study aims to determine different forms of E and P waste being generated and reduce harmful E and P waste by using technology, focusing on the policies made by the government regarding hazardous waste from the oil and gas industry.
Research Aim: This study will describe the implementation and the use of environmental risk management and different strategies for offshore gas operations. This research will also focus on the environmental strategy to eliminate the risk of contamination in order to protect marine life. This research addresses the necessity for risk assessment in all elements, including health, safety, and the environment, to establish a balanced set of priorities and protective measures. Focusing on the physical barriers and developing and implementing a systematic methodology to understand and cope with high-risk areas.
Research Aim: Quality management systems are used to improve project efficiency via continual monitoring. The oil and gas industry has utilised many quality management systems to increase project productivity and performance. The purpose of this research is to examine the influence of these methods and their effectiveness in enhancing the quality of the projects in the United Kingdom.
Research Aim: Microbial influenced corrosion (MIC) is a complex phenomenon that is responsible for most of the internal corrosion problems in oil transportation. This study will give a detailed review of corrosion problems during oil and gas production. This study will also explore technological and financial challenges faced by developed countries. It will also investigate the evolution of MIC through the analysis of literature and will also cover different methods for prevention such as biocides, coatings, and cathodic protection.
Research Aim: Human resource management is a crucial aspect of the growth of any firm; as one of the world’s major oil producers, the oil sector in the United States employs a substantial number of people. The purpose of this research is to look at the challenges associated with human resource management in the oil and gas industry in the United States.
Covid-19 Oil and Gas Management Topics Research Topics
Research Aim: This study aims to review the health, safety, and risk management strategies employed by any large oil and gas company amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Find 100s of dissertation topics for other research areas.
Energy, Policy & the Environment – Oil and Gas Management Topics
- Compliance with the environmental law and its implications for oil and gas exploration and production in Pakistan.
- How do large and oil and gas companies satisfy their environmental responsibilities – A critical analysis of the relationship between various waste management strategies in onshore oil and gas operations.
- To examine the effects of recent increases in fuel prices and the depletion of oil and gas reserves throughout the world with a focus on the distributional effect of energy policies for large oil and gas companies.
- Prospects, Challenges, Gains and Opportunities – An analysis of the environmental policies and strategies in the Nigerian oil and gas sector
- To study the implications of the shale gas boom for U.S Energy Policy, environmental safety, and natural gas markets.
Health, Safety and Risk – Oil and Gas Management Dissertation Topics
- To review the health, safety and risk management strategies employed by any large oil and gas company.
- To examine how risk assessment of onshore oil and gas operations is correlated to the International Labour Organisation Standards
- Implementing efficient risk management strategies in developing countries – A case study of any developing country
- To identify and discuss various factors resulting in the hindrance of the development of effective health, safety and risk mitigation strategies in onshore operations.
- To critically analysis health, safety and environmental culture in the Norwegian oil and gas sector.
- Managing environment risk in offshore operations in the oil and gas industry.
- To establish a relationship between the health, safety and wellbeing of an offshore worker and the offshore environment in the UK.
- Developing an effective safety information system and healthy environment for workers
- Managing environmental risks in the Saudi oil and gas industry – A case study of any large oil and gas company such as Saudi Aramco.
- The importance of the role of onshore employees in maintaining a safety culture in offshore oil and gas operations.
Related: Free Oil & Gas Health and Safety Dissertation Topics
Legal Matters in Oil and Gas Management Dissertation Topics
- To study the legal relationship between oil supplying countries in the Middle East and the European Union.
- To compare extraction agreements and production sharing agreements with a focus on the benefits to the host government of the developing nation.
- To establish to what extent does the UK regulate the operations of oil and gas companies and its impact on the overall performance of the industry
- A critical analysis of international environmental standards and oil and gas health and safety standards for oil and gas companies operating in a developing country.
- To study the international environmental law applicable to the oil and gas industry. How can international law be used as a way to regulate the environment in developing countries where national environmental law is yet to be developed.
The Economic Side of Operations – Oil and Gas Management Dissertation Topics
- To examine the impact of oil and gas extraction, production and operations on operations of any developing nation that rode on the oil and gas industry as a means to achieve economic prosperity.
- To discuss the role of politics in the economy of any oil dependent developing country.
- How the Ugandan economy has evolved after the discovery of oil in 2006.
- To what extent can Pakistan improve its economy by depoliticizing and regulating its oil and gas sector?
- To analyse the effects of the resource curse on the Nigerian economy.
- The relationship between economy, oil and politics in a developing country – A case study of any oil dependent developing nation.
Also Read: How to Write Dissertation – Step by Step Guide
Environmental Management – Oil and Gas Management Dissertation Topics
- To develop a framework for environmental management policy using the stakeholder theory of corporate management – A case study of oil and gas boom in Nigeria
- To investigate how the Royal Dutch Shell group was able to deal with the environmental management issues in the Niger Delta by bringing about the much needed reforms.
- The effects of the increased pressure being put by the United National Environmental Programmes on the multinational companies in order to ensure that they comply with their societal and environmental responsibilities.
- To understand how domestic environmental policies in the oil and gas sector have evolved over the years to facilitate international trading.
- To establish a relationship between patterns in international trading and domestic environmental policies and regulations.
Strategic Operations – Oil and Gas Management Dissertation Topics
- To study and examine risk management strategies employed by large oil and gas companies to mitigate the effects of political instability on their processes particularly in developing countries like Nigeria.
- To critically analyse the strategic innovations of oil and gas MNEs to deal with the effect of global warming on their oil and gas operations.
- To what extent do large oil and gas companies involve environmental factors in their initial operations management plan?
- To establish the relationship between the organisational culture and the processes of large oil and gas companies – The positives and the negatives.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management – Oil and Gas Management Dissertation Topics
- To identify the most critical issues faced by oil and gas companies in regards to their offshore activities; with a focus on infrastructure development, agreements and regulations.
- To understand the concept of sustainable supply chain management in onshore oil and gas processes with the help of a theoretical framework.
- The role of logistics skills and management in the success of supply chain management in pipeline agreements with regard to dispute resolution procedures.
- To investigate the impacts of sustainability implementation on corporate competitiveness of oil and gas supply chain.
- To critically analyse the supply chain practices in the petroleum downstream.
- To examine a successful supply chain management model in the oil and gas industry – A case study of Royal Dutch Shell group.
- To what extent the logistics in the oil and gas industry can be outsourced?
- To examine effects of supply chain integration on the operational performance and organisational structure in oil and gas supply chains.
- To establish and discuss the relationship between the overall supply chain management strategy of oil and gas companies and the management of up and downstream pipeline management.
- To what extent the theoretical concerns of supply chain management can be practically implemented in offshore oil and gas activities?
Corporate Social Responsibility – Oil and Gas Management Dissertation Topics
- To establish the relationship between financial performance of the oil and gas sector and corporate social responsibility – Evidence from UK oil and gas firms.
- To evaluate the importance of reputational risk in regards to corporate social responsibility in the oil and gas sector.
- Integrating project procurement management with corporate social responsibility – A study of the oil and gas industry.
- To discuss corporate social responsibility as a function of community development in the Nigerian oil and gas sector.
- To understand to what extent does the concept of corporate social responsibility influence the operations in the oil and gas industry.
- To what extent does the idea of corporate social responsibility influence the supply chain management processes in the oil and gas industry.
- To examine corporate social responsibility activities of large oil and gas companies in the UK.
- The evolution of the concept of corporate social responsibility; from the voluntary assumption of responsibility.
- CSR is often seen by large oil and gas companies as the way to gain a competitive advantage. How true is the notion that corporate social responsibility can help oil and gas companies to achieve their profit/economic goals in the long run?
- To identify the factors influencing oil and companies’ choice to implement CSR practices in their offshore and onshore operations.
Additional Oil and Gas Management Dissertation Topics
- To establish a relationship between sustainable environmental management in a developing country and the long term effects of pollution.
- Risk, uncertainty and investment decision making in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- How the global economy and GDP have evolved with an increase in international petroleum prices.
- The growing popularity of production sharing agreements from the perspective of host governments in developing countries.
As a student of free oil and gas management looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment with existing free oil and gas management theories – i.e., to add value and interest in your research topic.
The field of free oil and gas management is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering, construction, law, healthcare, mental health, artificial intelligence, tourism, physiotherapy, sociology, management, marketing, literature and nursing. That is why it is imperative to create a project management dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, and there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best free oil and gas management dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample free oil and gas management dissertation topics to get an idea for your dissertation.
How to Structure your Dissertation on Free Oil and Gas Management
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems to be addressed. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of the research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can have a positive impact on your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of the results in this chapter, and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to draw a linkage between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Research Prospect is a UK based academic writing service that provides help with Dissertation Proposal Writing, PhD Proposal Writing, Dissertation Writing, Dissertation Editing and Improvement.
For further assistance with your dissertation, take a look at our full dissertation writing service.
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working in the industry for a long time, thus aware of its issues and trends.
Need more Topics.?
Review Our Best Dissertation Topics 2022 complete list.