Selection of a topic for dissertation writing is the most daunting step for a researcher mostly because it involves going through phases of confusion in order to select one out of many topics. Economists currently view economics in a modern and slightly different perspective than traditional economics. Different approaches in economics include perspectives like anthropology, sociology, geography and various institutions. Studying economics involving these perspectives provide a clearer view of the issues and problems related to modern economic world. In contrast, only focusing on the traditional economic approaches while selecting a topic will result in some vague outcomes according to modern economics. The most difficult task with respect to economics dissertations involves the collection of data. Mostly the data required is in quantitative form but once the data is acquired a major chuck of the difficulties is eliminated.
There are number of economic perspectives that can be studied in detail by the researcher. Some of the suggested topics that can be aimed by the researcher for his dissertation are listed below:
Economics Dissertation Topics for 2018
Purpose: Fiscal policies are set out for the purpose of adjustment of the spending levels and tax rates of an economy. As the major reason for which the government set out fiscal policies is to control the economy hence it has an impact on the lending capacity of commercial banks as well which is going to be studied in this research with respect to developed economies.
Purpose: Inflation tends to strongly impact the way in which the economy of a country works. Investors based their investing decision based on the current and forecasted conditions of the economy of a country. This research is carried out in order to identify and analyse how investors perceive inflation when investing in ventures in London.
Purpose: Both in the developed and developing economies, at some level gender-wage gap is present. In some countries this gap is alarming; this is mostly the case of developing nations. This research is going to critically analyse the factors which contribute to the gender-age gap in India, Nigeria, and South Africa.
Purpose: There are different researches which has been carried out which shows that there is a significant relationship among real interest rates of the country and the consumption patterns. This research is carried out in order to look into the factors of real interest rate which impacts the consumption patterns with the help of empirical research.
Purpose: The global housing policies and the real estate policies differ for different countries. There have been certain authors which has identified these policies and its relationship with aggregate demand. For this research, the author is going to carry out the comparative analysis of France and England in order to determine the differences and similarities of housing policies of both the regions.
“Our expert dissertation writers can help you with all stages of the dissertation writing process including topic research and selection, dissertation plan, dissertation proposal, methodology, statistical analysis, primary and secondary research, findings and analysis and complete dissertation writing. Learn more about Research Prospect dissertation writing services. “
Topics under this category include intermingling of geography of various places and economics related to them. Urbanization has expanded its roots deep into the economic world which calls to study the relationship between this expansion and the way how it has altered the world of economics. Some of the topics that can be considered in relation to economic geography are as follows:
- Role of local ethics and culture in shaping entrepreneurial attitudes in various business approaches.
- Diversity in entrepreneurial approaches brought up by emigrants in economics of a place: A critical analysis.
- To discuss the factors involved in facilitating knowledge transfer in a specific locality or place.
- Economic opportunities provided within local boundaries. A case study of any specific area.
- To discuss the role of the “European regional policy” in shaping or modifying places in the UK.
- Location of top IT firms in the UK, the role of location on economics linked to a particular firm.
- Causes of regional diversity. Analysis of and comparison between the richest and poorest places of the UK.
- Causes and impacts of spatial clustering in relation to completion in industrial sector.
- To discuss economics and expansion in bioenergy.
- Economic modifications faced by emigrants, causes and impacts.
- To review the role of economic infrastructure in creating job opportunities.
- A critical analysis of diversity in entrepreneurial attitudes in rural and urban areas.
Dissertation Topics on Microeconomics
This branch of economics deals with economic perspectives on an individual level. It takes into account the allocation of various resources that are limited in nature. Different theories of microeconomics can be applied to markets where different products are bought and sold out. You can also pick up a topic from this field of economics. Some of the suggested topics are listed below:
- Difference in consumption attitude of the UK over the past 15 years – Critical analysis of the trends in customer behaviour.
- To what extent does the concept of oligopoly exists in markets of the UK – A critical discussion.
- In what ways the UK and the Europe firms are different in terms of innovation – A critical analysis.
- Laws and their impact on British firms.
- Is the profit of a firm dependent on its size? Evidence from the manufacturing firms in the UK.
- “European regional policy” and its effects on British small and medium enterprises.
- To discuss specific traits of the UK innovation organization.
- Study of the characteristics of the energy market of the UK – A microeconomic approach.
- Common traits of the top internet technology firms in the US – Analysis of the approaches adopted by different successful technology firms.
- How is the concept of “economic convergence” linked to salary levels in the United States? – A critical analysis.
- Various “pricing models” are used in making decisions regarding investment – Discuss their use and role.
- There are salary inequalities in the United States. What forces are behind the existence of such inequalities? – Critical analysis.
“Complete this short online form and provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.”
Dissertation Topics on Employment Economics
Employment is a very important aspect that is studied in economics. It has its roots into other linkages of economics as well. Employment affects the finances of people and that further determines their type of relationship with their environment or society. Moreover, with the passage of time technology advancements in various fields have impacted on the labour market which directly influenced the employment rate. Dissertation topics related to the field of employment economics are listed as under:
- Factors responsible for the job creation and job destruction in the United Kingdom.
- To what extent the concept of self-employment prevails in the United Kingdom – Discuss the factors that determine it.
- Link between minimum wages and British employment. Critical analysis
- Technology has strengthened its roots over the past years. In what ways technological advancements have paved ways for British drop in employment levels.
- The value of labour in the United Kingdom. In terms of demand what type of labour has more weightage – Skilled or unskilled labour? Discuss and analyse.
- Levels and prevalence of self-employment in various parts of Europe. What is the position of the UK in this regard? Discuss.
- In what ways immigration affects the British employment levels and productivity? Discuss.
- How can professional training impact British employment? Discuss.
Dissertation Topics on Finance Economics
When talking about modern economics financial markets and financial procedures are one of the most important perspectives as they are helpful in the determination of wealth of a country. Following are some of the suggested dissertation topics which come under the category of finance economics:
- What sort of relationship exists between the cash inflows and the term investment in the United Kingdom? Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of this relationship.
- What are the financial strategies adopted by various firms in the United Kingdom and how do they differ from those in Europe? Discuss.
Not Sure Which Dissertation Topic to Choose?
Use Our Topic Planning Service
Dissertation Topics on Economic Sociology
This field refers to the study of sociological aspects in economics perspective. Social networks are also one of the important features in economic world because they can contribute greatly in the promotion of a particular brand or any sort of manufacturing firm. Moreover, different social gatherings in order to highlight a particular industry, firm and even a private setup, can contribute in making it successful. Social networks can impact the economics of a particular agent in a number of ways. Following are some of the suggested topics in this regard:
- For the promotion of a particular firm/industry/brand various innovation activities are carried out for support. Elaborate their role.
- Funding of the firms is essential in order to establish it. Define the role of families in funding of a particular firm.
- Can a blend of different cultures contribute in increasing the level of productivity? Discuss with evidence from a UK firm.
- Social capital plays its role in the rural areas in the UK – Discuss.
- Youth is thought to be one of the biggest supports in promotion of economic agents. Discuss
- Considering entrepreneurial behaviours and actions, can university networks play their part in them? Discuss.
- Role of social entrepreneurship in the United Kingdom. Discuss
Dissertation Topics on Institutional Economics
There are certain institutions which promote certain values, beliefs and norms and they impact the people in a certain way. They can also impact their business relationships and further they have an influence on the economics of a certain place. These institutions can help in shaping up the economic life and behaviour. Institutional economics is still an emerging field. Following are some of the dissertation topics that you can base your dissertation on.
- Will power/desire to achieve something make a person/firm successful. How do habits and, time management and activities have an impact on productivity? Discuss.
- Good organization of a firm impacts it in a positive way. Discuss the impact of cultural mix on the organization of firms in the United Kingdom.
- What role does bureaucracy plays in the productivity levels of the United Kingdom? Discuss.
- What methods to ensure economic efficiency in the property markets of the United Kingdom are adopted? Discuss it in the perspective of institutional approach.
- How do transaction costs affect economic development? Discuss.
- What are the major forces operating behind the concept of control and ownership in the United Kingdom? An institutional approach
- Traits of British managers and investors. A Comparative analysis.
- Job experience has its roots in entrepreneurial actions. Discuss
- Role of educational aspects in entrepreneurship. Discuss
- The concept of latent entrepreneurship – A comparison between the United Kingdom and the Europe.
Dissertation Topics on Environmental Economics
Environment and economics share a unique and close relationship. Environment can impact economics in a positive as well as a negative way. There are various environmental economics issues that can be addressed by a researcher for their dissertations. Following are some of the dissertation topics that can help a researcher pick up topics of his interest in the field of environmental economics.
- “Tragedy of the commons” in comparison to “tragedy of the commune”.
- The concept of poverty trap and economics of the extreme fishing or overfishing. Discuss
- To what extent is environment responsible for shaping business behaviours? A critical analysis
- Economics in relation to biodiversity and nature conservation. Discuss
- Role of NGO’s and organizations to promote healthy environment through fundraising programs. Discuss
- Marine resources and their management – An environmental economics approach.
- Willingness to pay for various recycling programs – A case study of the United Kingdom.
- Incentives regarding land and water management – A case study of the United Kingdom.
- Economic value of historical places. Critical analysis.
- In which field is it cheapest to reduce or cut carbon emissions? Discuss.
- Ethanol production in economic perspective. Discuss.
- Environmental improvements in regards to locational differences in communities Discuss in an economic approach.
- Climate change in relation to economics. Discuss
- Future trends on economic growth in relation to pollution. Discuss
Dissertation Topics on Regional Development
Economic growth can also be studied at regional level. This field considers economic perspectives on a smaller level as in between regions. Suggestions for dissertation topics in this field are listed as follows:
- What is the link between profit and regional development? Discuss.
- The “regional development policy” in the United Kingdom. Discuss.
- Is there any sort of learning or knowledge gaining involved in regional development? Discuss.
- Existence of location theories that contribute towards the development and understanding of regional development. Discuss.
- What role does technology has to play in regional development? In the United Kingdom where is most of the technology concentrated. Discuss.
- Entrepreneurship and its regional aspects in the United Kingdom. Discuss.
- Institutional setups and their role in regional development. Discuss.
- Relationship between unemployment and entrepreneurship. Discuss in the light of evidence from British relationship.
Dissertation Topics on Macroeconomics
Macroeconomics deals with various perspectives of economics in a more generalized form which includes the study of families and their consumption trends, government, interest and exchange rates and other economic aggregates. In this field of economics the major research areas can be “monetary economics” and “economic policy”. Some of the topics in this felid are listed as follows:
- What is the impact of interest rates on the consumption rates in the United Kingdom? Discuss.
- How has dollar evolution affected the trends in British spending? Discuss.
- How the changes in the prices of oil have affected the consumption rates – The case of Britain.
- Forces operating behind the salary inequalities in the United Kingdom. Discuss.
- How can the two concepts “economic convergence” and salary levels are linked together? Discuss.