Computing Engineering Dissertation Topics
Published byat August 10th, 2021 , Revised On July 20, 2022
Over a period of time, dissertations have become an inherent component of higher education studies. They are not only entrenched within the master or a PhD. Degree but also in undergraduate programmes. Computer engineering dissertations allow the researchers to choose a topic of particular interest to them and research further into the topic to add to the current body of literature.
However, choosing a topic from an extensive list of topics is always easier than working on the first topic you find interesting.
To help you get started with brainstorming for computer topic ideas, we have developed a list of the latest computer engineering dissertation topics that can be used for writing your computer engineering dissertation.
These topics have been developed by PhD-qualified writers of our team, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the problem, research questions, aim and objectives, literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
View our free dissertation topics database.
Computer Engineering Dissertation Topics
Computers are the greatest innovation of the modern era and have done wonders for mankind. There is only one language that computers understand; the binary. But there are various high-level coding languages that even computers do not understand, and therefore use a compiler for translation.
Computing refers to computer hardware or software coding development technology and covers all aspects of computer technologies. It is the practical and scientific study of the implementation of computing information. Computing is also interchangeably known as computer sciences.
A computing engineer or a computer scientist specializes in practical work, the theory of computing, and the design of computational systems. Essentially, it is the study of structure, expression, mechanization, and feasibility of algorithms (logical procedures) that cause processing, communication, representation, access of information, and acquisition in a computer. This area has a wide range of topics, some of which have been listed below:
- Risk calculation in the application and development process.
- Generation of the java application.
- Implementing a behavioural based approach to detect cheating in online games.
- Analysis of coding environment of different applications.
- Identification of different languages used for coding.
- Identification of stake holder’s interest in App development process.
- Role of visualization in complex hierarchal structures of computing.
- Analysing the requirements of Inventory Management Software.
- Development of single-player simulation game.
- Investigation of web teaching aid system.
- Development of online based library management system.
- Implementation of Electronic banking system.
2022 Computing Engineering Dissertation Topics
Topic 1: An investigation of the blockchain's application on the energy sector leading towards electricity production and e-mobility.
Research Aim: This study aims to investigate the applications of blockchain within the energy sector. This study will identify how blockchain can be used to produce electricity from the comfort of home. Moreover, this study aims to introduce the concept of e-mobility through blockchain, according to which blockchain can be used to share the car ride with the other commuters residing at nearby places. Another objective of this research is to develop a framework that could assess blockchain’s use for the consumers staying within a budget and letting them assess how much money they have been spending so far.
Topic 2: Investigating the Issues that Impact Data Security in Cloud-Based Blockchain Technology: An Global Tourism Industry Case Study
Research Aim: This research focuses on a significant shift in trend found in the worldwide tourist business, which is the usage of the cloud for data and services. It attempts to supply the requirements for this implementation owing to the demand for ease, saving, and improved service providing. Furthermore, it will also focus on the limits of traditional blockchain technology primitives and assess control models. These constraints are related to security issues involving data in a cloud environment in the global tourism industry.
Topic 3: Is Digital Technology overtaking Human Interactions in the Medical Fields? An Examination of the Use of Computational biology and Machine Leaning in Patient Diagnosis and Treatment.
Research Aim: The current study seeks to examine how digital technology is replacing human interactions in the medical industry in the importance of computational biology and machine learning in patient diagnosis and treatment. This study will set forth the theoretical foundations and significance of computational biology and machine learning and will also make recommendations for further enhancement.
Topic 4: Evaluating the use of databases and information retrieval systems in the perspective of the United States National security policy.
Research Aim: The current study aims to evaluate the use of databases and information retrieval systems from the perspective of United States national security policy. This study addresses the databases and information retrieval system to provide a clear understanding. It will also focus on specific elements d criteria in the united state’s national security and highlights the benefits and drawbacks of employing them to enhance national security strategy in the united states.
Topic 5: Development of growing infusion of computer technology in the area of medicine- examining NHS policies.
Research Aim: This research aims to examine the development of the growing infusion of computer technology in the area of medicine by evaluating existing NHS policy. The study will provide a theoretical framework for the application of computer science technologies in medicine and will also set out the benefits of using contemporary computer technology as well as analyse the drawbacks that have occurred as a result of the growth of this new technology in this field. It will also focus on the policies employed by NHS to assist the development of technologies in the UK healthcare sector.
Computer Engineering Dissertation Topics for 2021
Research Aim: This research will focus on the visualization of 3-D ultrasound images and their medical therapy benefits.
Reliable and realistic study of remote communication systems in telephony and multipath faded systems
Research Aim: This research’s primary emphasis is on telephony’s practical implementation in a remote communication system.
Research Aim: In terms of energy efficiency, the human brain is much greater than any modern supercomputer. A whole new generation of energy-efficient, brain-like computers is being designed for this study.
Research Aim: This study relies on the procedure for calculating sweetness taste is developed and validated. Part of the project includes modern electrode technologies to capture the purest possible brain signal from EEG equipment.
Find 100s of dissertation topics in your other academic subjects in our free topics database.
Research Aim: This research aims to study the impact of Covid-19 on tech spends in 2021.
Research Aim: This research aims to analyze the information system built for e-learning
Research Aim: This research aims to address the advantages and disadvantages of an information system.
Covid-19 Computer Engineering Research Topics
Research Aim: This research will focus on the impacts of COVID-19 on the growth of IT industries highlighting the issues responsible for it and the possible solutions to overcome them.
Research Aim: Coronavirus has infected thousands of people and has been responsible for the deaths of several innocent people worldwide. This study will focus on identifying the effects of this pandemic on the computer science research community.
Research Aim: As a result of COVID-19, the economy of the entire world has been disrupted. The purpose of this research is to know the tech expenditures after COVID-19 became widespread. How are the tech industries dealing with the challenging situation created by COVID-19?
Research to identify the contribution of computer science to control the spread of Coronavirus pandemic
Research Aim: This research aims at identifying the contributions and efforts made by computer engineers to control the pandemic. What is the role of computer scientists during the pandemic?
Research Aim: This research will focus on identifying the increased unemployment issues raised after the COVID-19 pandemic and finding out the possible solutions to overcome the reduced unemployment of computer engineers.
Hardware, Network and Security Dissertation Topics
Network security is very crucial for any organisation. It is dependent upon a well-managed network through the implementation of policies drafted by network administrators to manage the access of the organisational information. Network security provides stability, safety, integrity, reliability, and utility of data and network.
It works efficiently with the latest hardware equipment and updated software. Network security offers many advantages to businesses, such as protection against any disruption to keep employees motivated, energetic, regular, and productive.
In certain instances, a virus may break into the network security. However, the network administrator generally uses an anti-virus program to prevent this sort of attack.
Therefore, it will be fair to say that network security plays a vital role in maintaining a business’s reputation and operations which is the most important asset to any organisation. Below is a list of topics that you can base your dissertation on:
- Performance analysis of transmission control protocol over Ethernet LAN.
- Gateway usage for the intrusion detection system.
- Impact of security machinimas in online transactions.
- Investigation of smart card specification.
- Importance of router placement in the network.
- Level of customer’s trust in E-banking.
- Role of antivirus in a shared network.
- Application of database technologies for data network management.
- Network worm: A headache to networking.
- Implementation of various tools in programming language.
- Study of retroactive data structures.
- Role of Voice over Internet Protocol over Ethernet LAN.
- The usefulness of data transfer security over Wi-Fi Network.
- Influence of signal strength of Wi-Fi upon data transfer.
- Analysis of tree inclusion complexities.
- Analysis of the implementation of the set procedure.
- Analysis of the application of programming tools.
- Implementation of File Sharing System in Network.
- Study of virus behaviours in the secured programming environment.
- Investigation of issues of user’s security and data protection over the network.
- Benefits of network security to customers.
- Improvements of mobile data service for future usage.
- Study of Asymmetry k-center variant.
- Analysis of issues in emerging 4G networks.
- Role of dynamic proxies in a mobile environment to support Remote method Invocation.
Software, Programming and Algorithm Dissertation Topics
In layman language, the software is collectively known as the “combination of operating information and all the programs that are being used by the computer.” It is a set of instructions to direct computers to perform a specific task depending upon thususer’s instructions.
The software can be written in both high and low-level languages. Low-level language is also known as machine code and is faster because it doesn’t require any compiler and directly communicates with the computer. A high-level language is pretty similar to a human language, and therefore can be easily understood by the developers. High-level language requires the compiler to translate commands to the computer.
Programming and algorithms can be termed as commands given to the computer to perform actions. Programming leads to executable programs from a computing problem and involves developing, generating, and analysing algorithms. Algorithms refer to an act done involving a step-by-step process to solve a problem. It is a set of logic written in software.
There are two types of software; operating software that helps in operation and system software necessary to run a system. Operating software can be rewritten and changed according to demand, but system software cannot be altered. If developers require any alterations, they would have to develop new software.
There are various topics that can be considered for research dissertation purposes under this theme, a list of which is given below.
- Application of algorithms.
- Importance of approximation algorithms on graphs.
- Critical analysis of data structures on trees.
- Evaluation and implementation of new algorithms.
- System software: A link to communicate hardware.
- Difference between binary dispatching and multiple dispatching.
- Analysis of plan sweep techniques.
- Investigation of software support to drivers of devices.
- Intelligent interface for database systems.
- Analysis of function and types of union-find.
- The usefulness of different coding languages.
- Application of basic hardware knowledge and math skills.
- Analysis of the design of converter based on new moduli.
- Analysis of information travelling via software.
- Evaluation and implementation of heuristic algorithms.
- Development of applications using Java.
- Analysis of fault tolerance in a network by using simulation.
- Importance of system software for computers.
- Effects of larger integer module operations.
- Consequences of wrong commands in coding.
- Investigation of the coding language of system software.
- Analysis of feasibility environment of platform.
- Evaluation of heuristic algorithms for generating clusters.
- Critical analysis of fixed control variable.
- Analysis of design of converter with large dynamic range.
- Ways to recover corrupted software.
- Analysis of fault tolerance of sorting network.
- Analysis of the difference between LAN and WAN.
- Development of an algorithm for a one-way hashing system.
- Relation between dynamic access and fixed values.
- Importance of right language selection while coding.
- Study of optimization problems.
- Analysis of security frameworks for web services.
- Investigating algorithms techniques.
- Partial persistence of algorithms vs others.
- Study of time and space problems of algorithmic functions.
- Effects of linear and logarithmic factors over programming.
- Discussion about union-find with deletion.
- Importance of data structure for bridge core problems.
- Consequences of fault in interconnected networks.
- Difference between rooted and unrooted tree.
Information Systems Dissertation Topics
Information systems refer to a group of people and computers that are being used for the interpretation of all kinds of information. Computer-based information systems are a very interesting topic for research. It includes all information regarding decision making, management support, and operations and can also be used to access the database.
There is an obvious difference between computer systems, information systems, and business processes. The information system provides the tools to manage businesses successfully.
An information system can be said to be a workstation where humans and machines work together towards the success of a business. One such example is Wal-Mart. The company is entirely based on information systems and has connected its suppliers, vendors, customers and together.
It deals with a large number of data and consists of hardware, software, network, and telecommunications of the operation. Below is a list of research topics in the field of information systems for you to base your dissertation on:
- Analysis of challenges in building information systems for any organisation.
- Impact of cyberinfrastructure on the customer.
- Role of information system in scientific innovations.
- The usefulness of information systems for businesses.
- Advantages of information systems.
- Access to information systems by employees anywhere in the world.
- Preparation of a database management system.
- Analysis and solution of database management systems.
- Study of support of information system to hardware.
- Managing information systems of big stores, The case of Walmart.
- Analysis of information system built for E-learning.
- Critical analysis of the changing nature of the web.
- Role of information system in decision making of disruptions.
- Examine customer response through the information system.
- Investigate the impact of a virus in the network
- Relationship between I.T education and an organization.
- Role of information system in global warming.
- Investigate the reason for adopting green information systems.
- Analysis of the between social networks and information systems.
- Role of information system in dealing with complex business problems.
As a computing engineering student looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment with existing computing engineering theories – i.e., to add value and interest in your research topic.
The field of computing engineering is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering, finance, construction, law, healthcare, mental health, artificial intelligence, tourism, physiotherapy, sociology, management, marketing and nursing. That is why it is imperative to create a project management dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best computing engineering dissertation topics that fulfill your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample computing engineering dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Dissertation on Computing Engineering
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems to be addressed. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can have a positive impact on your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter, and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to draw a linkage between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
For further assistance with your dissertation, take a look at our full dissertation writing service.
Our team of writers is highly qualified. Our writers are experts in their respective fields. They have been working in the industry for a long time. Thus they are aware of the issues and the trends of the industry they are working in.
Need more Topics.?
You May Also Like
The talent management field is advancing rapidly when it becomes easier to find talent around the world. The management of talent is a subcategory of human resources that is not specific to any particular industry.
Portfolio management examines the projects and programs of an organization. There are three aspects involved here: selection, prioritization, and control. This is done by taking into account the strategic goals of the organization.