Dissertation Topics on the Effects of Social Media on the Youth
Published byat August 16th, 2021 , Revised On September 21, 2021
Social Media has plenty of advantages and disadvantages, depending on the purpose it is used for. One of the key disadvantages of the excessive use of social media is the adverse impacts on health and the youth’s overall development.
Researchers have found out that today’s youth are extremely indulged in the world of social media. Thus they are a victim of negative thoughts and self-pity. Many research studies have been conducted on the effects of social media on the youth, and time and again, the results have been the same, i.e. they have negative impacts on youth development.
Most effects of social media on the youth are health-related, be it mental or physical. Teenagers compare themselves to their peers, colleagues, etc., and then become victims of the inferiority complex. Emotions such as jealousy and hate grow and eventually take over their personality.
Thus, adults and parents must understand all such negative impacts to take precautionary measures for their children. To understand more about this topic, here are five dissertation topics on the effects of social media on the youth that will help explore the problem in detail.
These topics have been developed by PhD qualified writers of our team, so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the problem, research question, aim and objectives, literature review, along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
Covid-19 The Effects of Social Media on the Youth Research Topics
Research Aim: This study will focus on social media’s role during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Research Aim: This study will address physical activity education through social media during COVID-19.
Research Aim: This study will highlight social media’s role in connecting people during the lockdown.
Research Aim: This study will focus on social media’s role in educating students.
A Study of the Effects of Social Media on Academic Development
Research Aim: Social Media is known for its many benefits to all types of users. Many social media platforms offer academic guidance and assistance to students; however, not all are beneficial for them. Most students spend more time on social media than studying.
Therefore, their social media usage must be restricted so they are not left behind. This research will discuss how social media impacts students’ academic performance because they spend most of their time using different social media websites.
The phenomenon of social media addiction,n which is a major cause behind the decline in students’ academic performances, will be discussed in detail in the study.
How Social Media Affects the Mental Health and Wellbeing of Youth
Research Aim: Social Media is not only a networking platform, but it also affects students’ minds in a manner where they cannot focus on something else. In the times we live in, we see our youth addicted to social networking through different social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Comparing themselves with others is another reason why their mental wellbeing and development are affected. This research will investigate how social media influences youth’s minds and how their mental development is at risk due to the increased use of social media. Furthermore, the study will explore methods that can help to improve this situation.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service, which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions, literature review, methodology, expected results, and conclusion. The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
A Critical Analysis of the Effects of Social Media on how Youth Perceive Physical Appearances
Research Aim: Being exposed to celebrities, models, etc., has changed how youth perceive physical appearances. With social media advertising, people are always being bombarded with celebrity endorsements, models advertising various products, or people showing off their bodies in gyms, etc.
This has changed the way young people perceive body image. For them, a person should be in perfect shape, i.e. slim and smart. Anyone who does not fall into this category is then body shamed. This research will talk about such instances and how social media has increased body shaming to the extent of causing suicides.
Social Media and Youth Sleep Deprivation: How are the Two Related?
Research Aim: Youth is in the race to stay updated on every current event and not miss out on anything. This is the very reason that they are losing sleep and moving towards sleep deprivation. Everyone knows how important sleep is; losing it for things like social media is not worth it.
This research will discuss how sleep deprivation has increased due to social media and how the youth are being impacted mentally and physically due to lack of sleep.
Lack of Interpersonal Skills Development in Youth – Is Social Media the Culprit?
Research Aim: Back in the days when there were no social media, everyone communicated face-to-face. Confidence was developed, and self-esteem was boosted with such interactions. On the other hand, today, everyone is connected through different social media platforms and technology.
Communication through laptops, smartphones, and tablets is the cause of lack of Interpersonal skills, which also impacts personality development. This research will discuss how social media has killed interpersonal skills and how to improve the situation.
As a student of social media effects looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment on existing effects of social media theories – i.e., to add value and interest in your research topic.
Social media effects are vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering, law, and even healthcare. That is why creating a social media dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field is imperative.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is based on your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation, as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best effects of social media dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Please look at some of our sample effects of social media dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Dissertation on Effects of Social Media on the Youth
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analyzing published and unpublished literature on the chosen research topic to address research questions. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the selected research area’s relative weaknesses and strengths whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down the topic and key terms that can positively impact your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter, which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to link the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed following your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, and graphs used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working for us for a long time. Thus, they are well aware of the issues and the trends of the subject they specialize in.
Need more Topics.?
You May Also Like
This is a list of dissertation topics related to the lives and experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning (LGBTQIA+) individuals.
Are you looking for dissertation topics in the field of climate change? Research Prospect offers a wide range of topics that will help you write your dissertation.