All fashion trends reflect culture. The influence of culture on major styles and trends of the past cannot be denied. This is predominantly true in the world of women’s fashion. As the 20th century kicked off, the women started to fight for their equal rights, which reflected in their fashion trends. Thus, early in the 20th century, women were first seen wearing jeans. Fast forwarding, women of today’s world are now accustomed to smoking cigarettes which was previously seen as a strictly male habit. Cultures throughout the globe make use of clothing to make fashion statements.
Fashion trends further reflect the hierarchies, personal relationships, and social power structures within communities. Finding a good fashion dissertation topic can be a very daunting task primarily because it must interest your supervisor. Your selected dissertation topic should be broad specific enough for you to reflect your own trepidations and interests. Choose a topic that has been significant written about in the world of academia, but grab the opportunity to include your personal opinions and views.
According to Diverse World Fashion (2014), “Culture is a largely inclusive concept, and the fact of fashion reflecting culture implies some consideration of some major cultural changes. Technological advances— such as the Internet— have been immensely transformative in culture.”
“Our expert dissertation writers can help you with all stages of the dissertation writing process including topic research and selection, dissertation plan, dissertation proposal, methodology, statistical analysis, primary and secondary research, findings and analysis and complete dissertation writing. Learn more about Research Prospect dissertation writing services. “
For centuries fashion has remained connected to the world of celebrities and music, reflecting ever changing cultural trends. Typical fashion dissertations discuss the role of icons in regards to fashion from a historical perspective. This subject primarily provides an insight into the celebrity culture to understand how they are used and portrayed to promote a certain fashion trend. Some interesting fashion and culture dissertation topics under this field of study are listed below:
- The involvement of affluent female consumers in fashion industry
- Cultural modernity and fashion journalism in Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai
- Alexander McQueen and the perception of fashion – A case study of the five fashion shows
- The impact of fashion journalism on the current fashion industry
- Mad for Madonna: The high and low fashions of Eighties pop culture
- Lady Gaga: Glamorous fashions of the music industry
- Selena Gomez: The teenage style icon for casual fashion
- Eminently Eminem: Fashions of the rapping culture
- James Dean and the Café Culture
- Beyond the Pink: (Post) Youth Iconography in Cinema
- Investigating the impact of celebrity culture on the fashion industry with particular focus on females’ fashion clothing consumption
- Do celebrity endorsed advertisements in fashion magazines influence purchase intentions of generation Y?
Also Read: Psychology Dissertation Topics for 2015
History of Fashion
The history of fashion design can be strictly referred to the growing fashion industry which designs and develops apparels and accessories. Charles Frederick Worth is the first known fashion designer who sewed his label into the garments, laying foundation to the modern fashion industry which includes individual designers, fashion houses and firms. Fashion history dissertation typically make use of pictorial analyse to draw specific comparisons between the fashion trends of different ages. There is a wide array of research topics to choose from in this very interesting and entertaining field of research. Some fashion history dissertation topics are listed below to get you started without any further delays.
- Fashion and Technology: Major fashion trends of the 21st century
- The material culture of women’s accessories – Feminine display, race formation and middle class performance (1825-1925)
- Investigating American fashion trends through the decades: 1950-2010
- Investigating British fashion trends through the decades: 1910-2010
- Cultural transformation: Feminism in American fashion industry between 1930 and1980
- Studying men’s fashion in the Britain since 1800
- How English wedding dresses have evolved over the years – The history and origins
- The impact of ethnic clothing on fashion trends in the UK
- Fools and jesters through the ages
- Women’s shoe fashion trends from 1700 to 2000
- Fifties fashions on the streets today
- Entering the era of liberalism: A closer look at the fashion trends of 1920’s
Fashion design can be described as the application of aesthetics and design on apparel and accessories. It should be noted that both social and cultural factors influence fashion design which changes with place and time. In general, fashion designers responsibilities include but are not limited to designing apparel and accessories and anticipating varying consumer trends before the product is brought onto the market. The primary aim of fashion designers is to design clothes that are not only functional but also pleasing to the eye. Fashion design dissertations include research studies on the use of illegal material such as fur, regional styles and traditions, and the relationship between fashion design and leisure activities such as sports and theatre. Some interesting fashion design research questions can be explored in the following subjects:
- How the ball gown has evolved over the decades
- Fashion and Sports: The evolution of swimwear from early to modern
- The influence of Shetland’s textile culture on fashion design
- Modish Victorian challenge to design a bodice
- The eta of manmade dress material: 1900-2000
- Clothing of importance: The tuxedo and the suit since 1800
- Investigating the history and evolution of the hat
- Exploring the differences between UK urban and rural fashion design over the last two decades
- Historical importance of fur with respect to clothing
- Use of alternative materials for clothing
- How the modern fashion world can be influenced by powerful digital marketing tools
“Complete this short online form and provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.”
Any form of clothing designed specifically for children who have not grown up to be full adults can be categorised as children’s apparel. It should be noted that children’s clothing is almost always more casual than adult clothing. In the recent times, gender-based children’s clothing has attracted substantial attention in the world of fashion. Nonetheless, children’s fashion is an extremely diverse and imaginative market that presents attractive business opportunities. More than any other types of Western clothing, children’s fashion incorporates emblematic and symbolic imagery – especially relating to fairytale, folk-lore and hero worship. Beneath are listed some key debates, ideas and discussions which would make enjoyable and challenging research topics:
- Modern sociology of children and consumption
- Investigating clothing needs of children with disabilities
- A qualitative study about fashion trends in Western children clothing
- Moral Failure: How media portrays teen girls as a symbol of sex
- School uniforms designs – Society’s attitudes and perceptions
- Embracing ambiguity in the historiography of children’s dress
- Sweet girls and cool boys – A qualitative study to understand the relationship between children’s clothing and gender
- The origin of the motif
- Chains, T-Shirts, and baggy trousers: The meaning of skateboard culture
- Halloween: Fashion and the children’s’ imagination
- Superheroes: Symbolism and representation in fantastic fashions
Not Sure Which Dissertation Topic to Choose?
Use Our Topic Planning Service
A person who owns and possess a fashion idea, venture or enterprise is knows as a fashion entrepreneur. The activities of a fashion entrepreneur are confined within the boundaries of the fashion industry. Creating knowledge sharing platforms and addressing structural and social issues are some of the most important elements of fashion entrepreneurship. Starting a new fashion business can be an extremely daunting venture especially if the economic climate is not suitable. There is a wide array of dissertation topics available under this particular field of study:
- Analysing fashion design entrepreneurship – Challenges and Opportunities
- Factors affecting performance of small and medium sized enterprises in UK fashion and culture industry – A case study of any five enterprises
- The impact of digital marketing on performance of small and medium scale fashion business organisation in the UK
- Studying iconic women entrepreneurs engaged in fashion industry
- Fashion enterprise and entrepreneurship education – Guidance for potential fashion entrepreneurs
- Developing a viable business plan for a fashion brand
- The making of the female entrepreneur in the world of fashion
- To study the failure and success factors affecting apparel businesses
- The importance of the role of trade fairs in international fashion business
- Social media marketing for luxury fashion brands
- Contemporary issues in fashion marketing
WHY CHOOSE US:
- All of our writers hold Masters/PHD degrees from highly reputed UK universities, and they are able to work with all referencing styles including Harvard, Oxford, MLA, and APA.
- With Research Prospect Ltd, you can ask for unlimited amendments until you are fully satisfied.
- Our quality control team checks each paper for plagiarism issues, and to eliminate any grammatical, structural, formatting or spelling errors.
- We offer dissertation writing services for all academic subjects including but not limited to fashion and culture, media, accounting, education, nursing, engineering, marketing, business and management.
- We guarantee response within 20 minutes of receiving your inquiry. Our expert and friendly customer services team can answer all your queries.
So what are you waiting for? Click to see which of our dissertation writing services you can benefit from and get A+ score.
Placing your order with Research Prospect Ltd:
Simple complete the steps below to successfully place your order with Research Prospect Ltd
- Open the order now page
- Fill in all the required fields including academic subject, service type (dissertation outline, dissertation proposal, dissertation part, full dissertation etc)
- Attach any relevant/useful data and files to your order
- Receive free quotes from our writers
- Choose the academic grade you would like to proceed with (1st, 2:1, or 2:2)
- Make Payment
- Your order is delivered to your email address on or before your deadline