Effects of Coronavirus on Tourism and Hospitality Dissertation Topics
Published byat September 20th, 2021 , Revised On September 21, 2021
The most notable issue surrounding the tourism and hospitality industry of the world in the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis that has almost completely shut this sector.
We understand that choosing the right dissertation topic can be a bit overwhelming for you especially when you want to base it on coronavirus and the tourism sector.
Therefore, our writers have provided some really interesting dissertation topics on the effects of coronavirus on the tourism and hospitality industry. These topics are recent, relevant, and exploratory enough for you to conduct a comprehensive research study.
We can even customize topics according to your needs. So, go through our list of dissertation topics, choose the one that interests you, and let us know if you would like any help from our writers.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which will include an introduction to the problem, research question, aim and objectives, literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
Effects of Coronavirus (Covid-19) on Tourism and Hospitality Dissertation Topics
Tourism after Coronavirus Pandemic - Way Forward for Tourism and Hospitality Industry in the UK or Any Other Country of Your Choice
Research Aim: Tourism is a reason for most of the human mobility in the modern world. According to the World Tourism Organization (2020), the international tourism has indicated continues growth for the tenth consecutive year reporting 1.5 billion international tourist arrivals in 2019 and estimated 1.8 billion of international tourist arrivals by 2030 )people are forecasted to be. This particular research will focus on the effects of Covid-19 outbreak on the tourism and hospitality industry in the United Kingdom or any other country of your choice.
Investigating the Long Term Effects of Prolonged and New Travel Restrictions on the UK Tourism Industry
Research Aim: Britain will require anyone entering the country to self-quarantine for two weeks and other European countries are pondering similar measures, but the prospects of prolonged and even new travel restrictions are destroying what hopes the continent’s airlines and tourist industry have been harboring of at least a partial coronavirus rebound. Can the tourism sector of the UK overcome these challenges?
Coronavirus: Dubai Tourism Insists Emirate's Hotel Sector is Healthy, Rejects Bloomberg Report but Is It Really the Case?
Research Aim: Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism) has denied a Bloomberg report about the emirate’s hospitality businesses being adversely affected by the coronavirus pandemic. This research will employ primary research methodology to gather data from the key stakeholders of the Emirates hoteling industry to assess whether or not the ongoing Covid-19 crisis is causing panic and financial damages to the hoteling industry.
Research Aim: Many European countries including the UK are easing lockdown measures, including tourist destinations preparing for the summer. Cafes and restaurants in London and other cities hardest hit by the virus in the UK have opened two weeks behind the rest of the country. However, with most travellers preferring to stay home in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, how effective these measures are going to be?
Research Aim: In the Caribbean, the government plans to require all visitors to undergo rapid Covid-19 testing upon entry. They hope provisions such as virus tests for all industry workers and socially distanced resort dining will make people feel comfortable enough to travel. This research study will explore whether the measures taken by the Caribbean government will actually encourage the visitors to leave the comfort of their home and travel in the midst of the Covid-19 Crisis.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions, literature review, methodology, expected results, and conclusion. The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
As a student of tourism and hospitality looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment on existing tourism and hospitality theories – i.e., to add value and interest in the topic of your research.
The field of tourism and hospitality is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering, construction, law, and even healthcare. That is why it is imperative to create a tourism and hospitality dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
Keeping our advice in mind while developing a research topic will allow you to pick one of the best tourism and hospitality dissertation topics that not only fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper but also adds to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature in order to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and can also be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample tourism and hospitality dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Tourism and Hospitality Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems to be addressed. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area while identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can have a positive impact on your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter, and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section is to establish the link between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: Make sure to complete this in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices:Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Our team of writers is highly qualified. Our writers are experts in their respective fields. They have been working in the industry for a long time. Thus they are aware of the issues and the trends of the industry they are working in.
Need more Topics.?
You May Also Like
In this article, we suggest some topics regarding Renewable Energy so you can kick start your dissertation without any delay.
In this article, we suggest some topics regarding USA’s Withdrawal From Afghanistan so you can kick start your dissertation without any delay.