COVID-19 Effects on Tourism Dissertation Topics
Published byat January 5th, 2023 , Revised On August 17, 2023
The most notable issue surrounding the tourism and hospitality industry of the world in the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis that has almost completely shut this sector.
We understand that choosing the right dissertation topic can be a bit overwhelming for you especially when you want to base it on coronavirus and the tourism sector.
Therefore, our writers have provided some really interesting dissertation topics on the effects of coronavirus on tourism and the hospitality industry. These topics are recent, relevant, and exploratory enough for you to conduct a comprehensive research study.
We can even customize topics according to your needs. So, go through our list of dissertation topics, choose the one that interests you, and let us know if you would like any help from our writers.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which will include an introduction to the problem, research question, aim and objectives, literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
2022 Effects of Coronavirus (Covid-19) on Tourism and Hospitality Dissertation Topics
Research Aim: The study aims to analyse how demand and preference for contactless services are increasing dramatically and eventually it is influencing the use of Amazon Alexa in the hospitality sector.
- To contextualise the concept of contactless services and their increasing demand during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- To share a comprehensive knowledge about how Amazon Alexa is being relevant in the hospitality sector.
- To interpret the influence of the high preference for contactless services on the use of Amazon Alexa in the hospitality sector.
Research Aim: The study aims to examine the remarkable changes in international travelling and the implications of these changes in the domestic tourism market of the UK.
- To critically analyse the way the overall pattern of international travel is changing after COVID 19.
- To explicate how the Uk domestic tourism is being influenced by the changing behavior in international travelling.
- To recommend effective ideas that may help to cope with the changing pattern of international travel along with deriving the best possible solution for UK domestic tourism.
Research Aim: The study aims to investigate the challenges in road and airport mobility due to COVID-related restrictions on travel and certain changes in regulations.
- To describe the major COVID-related restrictions on travel and regulatory changes.
- To demonstrate the way COVID-related restrictions on travel and regulatory changes are driving challenges in road and airport mobility.
- To share effective ideas about how the challenges in road and airport mobility can be addressed.
Research Aim: The study aims to critically evaluate the effectiveness of the strategy of job cutting in the UK hospitality sector as a way to deal with financial losses caused by the COVID 19 pandemic.
- To shed light on the scenario of job cutting in the UK hospitality sector.
- To analyse the suitability of job cutting in the UK hospitality sector as a way to manage financial loss caused by the COVID 19.
- To provide a set of recommendations about what can be other possible strategies to overcome the financial losses caused by the COVID 19 pandemic in the UK hospitality sector.
Research Aim: The study aims to analyse in detail the challenges in restoring resilience against the COVID 19. The study tends to specifically focus on the challenges triggered by the tourism supply chain disruption in the UK.
- To mention the prevailing challenges in restoring resilience against the COVID 19 pandemic.
- To critically interpret the adverse effects of disruption in the tourism supply chain in the UK.
- To recommend strategies about how a greater level of resilience can be restored along with addressing the disruption in the UK tourism supply chain.
Effects of Coronavirus (Covid-19) on Tourism and Hospitality Dissertation Topics
Research Aim: Tourism is a reason for most of the human mobility in the modern world. According to the World Tourism Organization (2020), international tourism has indicated continued growth for the tenth consecutive year reporting 1.5 billion international tourist arrivals in 2019 and an estimated 1.8 billion international tourist arrivals by 2030 )people are forecasted to be. This particular research will focus on the effects of the Covid-19 outbreak on the tourism and hospitality industry in the United Kingdom or any other country of your choice.
Research Aim: Britain will require anyone entering the country to self-quarantine for two weeks and other European countries are pondering similar measures, but the prospects of prolonged and even new travel restrictions are destroying what hopes the continent’s airlines and tourist industry have been harbouring of at least a partial coronavirus rebound. Can the tourism sector of the UK overcome these challenges?
Research Aim: Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism) has denied a Bloomberg report about the emirate’s hospitality businesses being adversely affected by the coronavirus pandemic. This research will employ primary research methodology to gather data from the key stakeholders of the Emirates hoteling industry to assess whether or not the ongoing Covid-19 crisis is causing panic and financial damages to the hoteling industry.
Research Aim: Many European countries including the UK are easing lockdown measures, including tourist destinations preparing for the summer. Cafes and restaurants in London and other cities hardest hit by the virus in the UK have opened two weeks behind the rest of the country. However, with most travellers preferring to stay home in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, how effective these measures are going to be?
Research Aim: In the Caribbean, the government plans to require all visitors to undergo rapid Covid-19 testing upon entry. They hope provisions such as virus tests for all industry workers and socially distanced resort dining will make people feel comfortable enough to travel. This research study will explore whether the measures taken by the Caribbean government will actually encourage the visitors to leave the comfort of their home and travel in the midst of the Covid-19 Crisis.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions, literature review, methodology, expected results, and conclusion. The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
As a student of tourism and hospitality looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment on existing tourism and hospitality theories – i.e., to add value and interest in the topic of your research.
The field of tourism and hospitality is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering, construction, law, and even healthcare. That is why it is imperative to create a tourism and hospitality dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
Keeping our advice in mind while developing a research topic will allow you to pick one of the best tourism and hospitality dissertation topics that not only fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper but also adds to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature in order to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and can also be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample tourism and hospitality dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Tourism and Hospitality Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems to be addressed. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area while identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can have a positive impact on your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter, and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section is to establish the link between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: Make sure to complete this in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices:Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Our team of writers is highly qualified. Our writers are experts in their respective fields. They have been working in the industry for a long time. Thus they are aware of the issues and the trends of the industry they are working in.
Need more Topics.?
Review Our Best Dissertation Topics 2021 complete list.
Frequently Asked Questions
To find a dissertation topic on COVID-19 effects on tourism:
- Research recent impacts and changes.
- Analyze economic, social, and cultural aspects.
- Explore recovery strategies.
- Investigate destination perspectives.
- Consider sustainable solutions.
- Select a specific angle that resonates with you.