Tourism Marketing Dissertation Topics
Published byat January 2nd, 2023 , Revised On August 17, 2023
Tourism is the world’s second most important economic sector. In many countries, tourism contributes to the GDP of the country as one of the leading industries.
The more tourists visiting a country, the better its economy will be, so this growing industry benefits almost all countries.
The goal of tourism marketing is to attract and retain tourists. Generally speaking, tourism promotion includes all activities related to promoting tourism products and services. If you are planning to write a dissertation on tourism marketing, there are many tourism marketing dissertation topics and ideas to get started. But before that, let us explore the idea of tourism marketing in detail.
Marketing for tourism aims to achieve three key objectives or goals:
- Increasing awareness of a destination’s attractions and resources
- Providing relevant information to encourage people to visit a destination.
- Delivering quality tourism experiences will encourage repeat visits or longer stays.
Let’s now take a closer look at how you can increase revenue for your business. Tourism marketers are responsible for driving your business growth and giving you a competitive edge.
It is, however, a broad field of marketing that includes a variety of subtypes for promoting tourism. The following are some of the most common tourism marketing activities.
- Promotion through online banners
Online banners help businesses promote their business through creative brochures and banners.
- Promotion through written content
In tourism marketing, you can start a blog to promote articles to make people aware of places they may not have heard of.
- Using emails to capture the audience
To capture a larger audience in less time, creating an email newsletter is an effective way to engage more audiences in less time and budget.
- 4P’s marketing technique
Utilizing the 4Ps strategy is another tried and tested method for promoting tourism in a destination. A marketer uses ”product”, ”price”, ”place”, and ”promotion” to encourage tourism.
Types of Tourism Marketing
Tourism marketing is a broad field comprising many different types and concepts. The main types of tourism marketing are:
Destination marketing promotes a destination or region to encourage tourists to travel to a specific location.
In destination development, new attractions are created in an area that is already a tourist attraction. Adding exciting elements to an existing tourist destination is usually part of this type of tourism marketing. The process of developing a destination is also called “branding.”
Managing the whole process, from planning the route to tracking visitors’ progress once they arrive at their destination, means taking care of everything from start to finish.
Focused Tourism Marketing
Advertising of this type is used to promote a specific region, city, or destination. There is often promotion of a particular destination by local businesses, stakeholders, and companies. Marketing efforts must be focused on destinations with limited exposure to international travellers.
Portfolio Tourism Marketing
Portfolio tourism marketing includes focused and broad-based campaigns and local marketing activities to increase awareness among potential visitors.
List of Dissertation Topics For Tourism Marketing
Following is a list of some tourism marketing dissertation topics you may want to consider for your research.
- Development of tourist industry with emerging trends
- Important factors to consider for tourism marketing
- Comparing the advantages and disadvantages of international tourism
- Analysing different tourist movements and their effects.
- Contributions of tourism in the accommodation sector.
- Role of climate change in increasing or decreasing tourism in any region
- Competition between different tourism destinations at the same pace.
- Eliminating barriers in tourism marketing for both local and international tourism
- Relationship between culture and tourism for various destinations.
- Benefits of tourism marketing for a country’s GDP
- Importance of eco-tourism for developing countries.
- Basic challenges faced by tourists during travelling.
- Spreading awareness for tourism marketing across borders
- Importance of sports tourism to increase tourist population
- Threats of dark tourism in underdeveloped countries.
- Advantages of integrated marketing communication in the tourism sector.
Strategies For Tourism Marketing
Tourism marketers use a variety of strategies to do this, including:
Communication is the process of creating awareness and preference through written or verbal messages. Social media posts, advertisements, brochures, and websites are all examples of marketing materials.
Tourist attractions are promoted through events or activities designed to attract visitors. Incentives or discounts could be provided to extend a travel company’s stay, for instance.
Your product or service’s reputation can be improved by using public relations to inform people about it. It also includes articles written by journalists, interviews with industry experts, and press releases.
Also read: Public Relations Dissertation Topics
5 Creative Ideas to Write a Winning Tourism Marketing Thesis or Dissertation
1. Create a dissertation plan
The first step to putting everything in place for your tourism marketing dissertation is to develop a thesis outline.
2. Take advantage of influencer programs
Online social media platforms are a great way to promote a particular tourist destination with influencer marketing. Consider choosing a topic that explores the effectiveness of influencer marketing for tourist destinations.
3. Impact of travel guides
There is no better way to introduce someone to a place than with a travel guide. Contributing to the tourism industry can be accomplished by starting a travel blog or distributing travel PDFs online.
The guide should be readable, informative, and creative, with many interesting pictures that will entice foreign and local travellers to visit the site.
Your dissertation could investigate the impact of government travel guides on the tourism section.
4. Travel Videos
Creating travel videos can help make the buzz about the most spectacular destination places and help you get on the bandwagon like others. Over 67% of people learn visually online.
How about a dissertation topic that explores the affectivity of travel videos in promoting a specific location?
5. Follow user-generated content
Following user-generated content is one of the most traditional ways to capture your target audience’s attention. Thousands of travel freaks are online, sharing their travel experiences and finding inspiration from travel bloggers. You will have a higher chance of standing out in tourism marketing if you promote better content.
So a case study on a successful UGC tourism campaign would be a great way to capture your readers’ interest.
Hire an Expert Writer
Orders completed by our expert writers are
- Formally drafted in an academic style
- Free Amendments and 100% Plagiarism Free – or your money back!
- 100% Confidential and Timely Delivery!
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Appreciated by thousands of clients. Check client reviews
Tourism marketing is simply a form of promotion that aims to attract as many visitors as possible to a particular destination. It does not simply promote destinations; it also creates products and services that allow visitors to experience the culture and lifestyle of the country in a memorable way.
Tourism is the focus of most governments, but they neglect the importance of marketing to expand tourism with effective marketing strategies.
The tourism industry is a multifaceted one, and marketing by tourism agencies is an essential tool for growing, flourishing and making more money. We hope the above-mentioned tourism marketing dissertation topics can give you the inspiration to start right away.
See how our dissertation writing service can help you achieve your desired grade.
Frequently Asked Questions
To discover tourism marketing dissertation topics:
- Study recent tourism trends.
- Explore digital marketing’s role.
- Analyze cultural and ethical aspects.
- Investigate sustainable practices.
- Examine tourist behavior shifts.
- Select a specific niche for focused research.