Top 12 Free Plagiarism Checkers
Published byat August 16th, 2021 , Revised On September 21, 2021
Plagiarism checking tools help you detect plagiarism and avoid plagiarism. There are many free plagiarism checking tools available online. There are certain types of plagiarisms students must know.
We used the “word to word copy-paste content” and “slightly paraphrased content” in our research to extract the following plagiarism checkers’ results. Let’s take a look at their features and performance.
Small SEO Tools
- Small SEO tools allow 1000 words per search.
- You can either upload the document of 1000 words or paste the content in the content box.
- It has many other free tools like rewriting, paraphrasing, and word counting tools.
- Students can use it wholeheartedly to check their work through it.
- The report highlights the plagiarized content and compares it with the existing matching sources.
- It shows sentence-wise results, and you can easily find out the plagiarized content and rewrite it.
- It doesn’t store the searched files in the database, and it’s safe to use.
- The report shows plagiarized content flagged in red colour and original content in green colour.
- It also shows the percentage of copied content and unique content.
- There is an option to download the plagiarism report.
It detects only clone plagiarism.
It couldn’t detect 100% copy-paste content. It cannot detect other severe types of plagiarisms.
The second report also contains the same copy-paste content with a few changed synonyms, but it could not detect 100% Clone plagiarism.
Duplichecker also works as SEO small tools, but it detects copied content better than SEO small tools.
There is an option to upload files and a text box to paste the content. You don’t need to sign up while using it.
There is also an option of downloading the report.
The report shows percentages of the plagiarized and original content. It also highlights plagiarized content along with the links of the matching sources.
It has a limit of 1000 words per search.
You cannot check more than 30,000 words in a day.
It does not show sentence-wise results.
The free version doesn’t detect other types of hidden plagiarisms.
If you want more advanced features and deep plagiarism detection, you need to upgrade to their premium version.
- You can use a Plagiarism detector to detect clone plagiarism.
- There is an option to enter the URL of your text. You can also upload files or paste the content into a text box.
- It allows 1000 words per search, and you can check unlimited documents of 1000 words each time.
- You don’t need to sign up to proceed with your search, which is much easier to use.
- It doesn’t store your files and can be used safely.
Its free version has two options for plagiarism checking. One is ‘free quick search,’ and the other is ‘deep search,’ but there is no difference in their results because they both give the same report.
It doesn’t detect the content if you change a few words in the copied content, and so many types of hidden plagiarisms remain undetected.
The report shows only the percentage of plagiarism and highlights the plagiarized content with matching sources.
- Plagiarism software is 100% free to use and allows 1500 words per search.
- It has the option of uploading files and links to the documents.
- You can also paste the content into a text box.
- You can check unlimited documents.
- It detects the only word-to-word copied content but not 100%.
You can see in the report that it highlighted only 69% of the plagiarized content, even though we used 100% copy-paste work for search.
The report shows the percentage with underlined sentences, but you can’t rely on its accuracy to use it for academic writing.
Edubirdie Vs. PapersOwl
- Edubirdie and PapersOwl are two similar kinds of plagiarism checkers. You can search up to 1000 words each time.
- You don’t need to sign up for another search at PaperOwl.
- You can check multiple documents through both tools.
- Their reports show the percentage of the plagiarized text with the links of matching sources.
‘Edubirdie’ requires you to sign up for the second use.
It may not be safe to use both of these plagiarism checkers as they may belong to the same source.
They may store your files in their database.
We used copy-paste content, and ‘Edubirdie’ detected only 66.3% plagiarized material, whereas PaperOwl detected only 43.8% of the content as plagiarized.
- Prepostseo allows 1000 words per search for free while in premium, you can check up to 25000 words.
- You can either upload the documents or import them from Google Drive/OneDrive
- Besides the plagiarism Checking tool, it also offers a paraphrasing tool, DA checker, and many other helping tools
- Students can use it wholeheartedly to check their work through it
- It can generate a report that highlights the plagiarized content and compares it with the existing matching sources
- It shows sentence wise results, and you can easily find out the plagiarized content as well as the content that is paraphrased/spun
- It doesn’t store the searched files in the database, and it’s safe to use
- It also shows the percentage of copied content and unique content
- There is an option to download the plagiarism report
Some of its tools are limited and to avoid restriction, you need to buy a premium subscription
You need to proofread the rewritten or paraphrased content as it might have some errors in it
- There is an option to add a title to the report while downloading it.
- The plagiarism report shows plagiarized content underlined with red colour.
- It also indicates matching sources.
- There is an option of citing sources to assist you in citing the sources accurately.
- You need to enter the details of the source you want to cite, and it will automatically cite it for you.
Quetext allows only three searches for free, and you can check only 500 words per search.
You need to paste the content in a text box. You can’t upload a file.
You will get an option of ‘get pro’ after a free trial, which means the premium version. If you want more features, you need to purchase a premium plan.
It stores plagiarism reports, and you have access to delete them.
Grammarly’s Free Version Vs. Premium Version
- You can use Grammarly’s free version for checking clone plagiarism.
- You need to sign in and upload the file as there is no option to copy the text or URL.
- The plagiarism report shows the percentage of plagiarism and grammar alerts together.
- It’s challenging to identify which part of your content is plagiarized as it won’t show any matching sources for comparison.
Grammarly’s Free Version Report:
Grammarly’s Premium Version
- It highlights the plagiarized text. It also shows the percentage of plagiarism and matching sources. You can compare your document and rewrite it to make it plagiarism-free.
- The premium version costs $29.95 per month, its quarterly package charges $19.98 per month, and the annual package costs $11.6 per month.
- You can choose any one package according to your convenience as it’s the best option available for grammar checking as well as plagiarism detection.
- If you purchase Grammarly’s premium version for checking grammar accuracy, you will get a plagiarism checker along with it for free.
- You don’t need to purchase the two software separately.
- That makes it the ideal choice, especially for writers, students, teachers, business executives, and journalists.
Grammarly’s Premium Version Report
- Plagscan allows a free trial of only 2000 words.
- It’s one of the best plagiarism checkers that effectively detects hidden plagiarisms like a mashup, find-place, remix, and self-plagiarism.
- It costs you $10 per 20,000 words, and you get a specific number of credits to use per search.
- You can add more credits, depending on your requirements. It’s a great choice for writers to check their unpublished books and e-books.
- Students can also use it to detect plagiarism in their academic writing.
- The plagiarized content is highlighted with a list of matched sources.
- The content that matches with multiple sources is flagged in yellow colour.
- The content matching with minimum sources highlights in red colour.
- You can easily compare the similarities and rewrite them. There is an option to download the report in Word and PDF formats.
You May Also Like
Plagiarism checking tools help you detect plagiarism and avoid plagiarism. There are many free plagiarism checking tools available online.
Plagiarism is a punishable offence that affects both students and professionals. Here are the consequences of plagiarism you could face if found guilty.