How to Manage Your Studies while Having a Busy Social College Life?
Published byat December 24th, 2021 , Revised On April 19, 2022
College life is one of the essential experiences that everyone should have in their life, especially when in their early 20’s.
The excitement to enter a new environment is fueled by young blood. We meet new people, create new bonds and friendships. Amongst all these new developments we also need to focus on studies and excel.
Thus, having a healthy balance between studies and social life becomes important.
So how does one do that?
- The first and foremost thing is to prioritize your goals in every situation. Studies and Social life both will exist till your college ends. So in order to have a good balance, you need to decide what is more important in the given circumstance. For example, there is a get together with your friends, and you have an exam the next day. In this case, you can miss get-togethers and study well for your exam and then meet them again because then you will be mentally free and not stressed and can enjoy more!
- Second, manage your time well. For example, your friend has student housing in Durham and is throwing a house party, but you also have to submit an assignment that night. What do you do? You can focus on the project for a concentrated number of hours before the party and finish it up. It’s best to allocate time to both studies as well as a ‘free’ time. The more particular you are, the easier it will become to enjoy both.
- Be More Communicative with your friends. Your friends are your support system when in college. These people understand you and are there to motivate you. So if ever you feel stuck between having to spend time with them and having to focus on your studies, then be honest with them. You can together decide when to plan outings according to everyone’s suitability. This will allow you to study well and not miss out on the fun of college life.
- Organize, Schedule and Plan Ahead. When in doubt, plan it out! If you have crucial events coming up that you don’t want to miss out on, then try and organize your work schedule beforehand. Make a timetable if required. Create a task list to keep track of all the things you want to do along with all the work you need to complete. For example, you need to accompany your friend to see a room for rent for students in Edinburgh a week later. In that case you can schedule your tasks for next week in such a way that you can finish them in time as well as be able to take out time to travel with your friend.
- The fifth and last thing is really simple: Don’t Procrastinate. If you procrastinate on your work, you won’t be able to give time to your social life. Assignments can pile up quickly, so don’t stretch them to the last minute. Complete work as soon as you can to have more time to keep for fun.
These are the five tips you can keep in mind to have a balanced study and busy social life! Don’t worry; you will figure each step out with time. If you want, you can put up these 5 points in your room for daily reminders, which will help you adapt to them faster. Keep your accommodation filled with motivational and energizing quotes to stay inspired throughout your college life.
In order to get yourself an accommodation with good energy and vibes, get in touch with amber! We provide you with hassle-free stay options that best suit your needs! We are constantly helping millions of students worldwide get affordable housing along with the latest covid protocols in place!